4cyl 22r hilux tacho to 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

961uz4b

I've just picked my truck up from being wired, everything is working accept the stock tacho, the hilux originally had a 22r in it, so I would have thought it would work fine. But it doesn't even seem to get any signal. It is wired in but I’m not sure what to.

The guy that wired it said it may need the signal changed; he also tried using the coil of a relay inline to get it to work with no luck.

After reading this I'm wondering if it's wired into the wrong part of the igniters.
--------------------------------

"simply get a petrol hilux cluster and then wired it into one of the coil negitives.

I believe the link will not fire the factory carburetted petrol tacho with ign3 as the factory signal is direct from the coil. As each coil only fire 4 cylinders this works perfectly"
-----------------------------------

A petrol tacho should will work fine if wired to the EXT terminal on one of the ignitors. The IGN3 of a link is low level so will not work. If using non factory ignitors then one of the coil negitives will be the next best thing. Cheers

I’ve tried a few different things, from what I can see it's wired into the Black - yellow wire that comes off the ext pin on the igniter with 5 wires, this wire runs in a lume around the back of the block and into the main lume through the firewall (under the wiper motor) and into the ecu (I think) then comes back out of the ecu through the firewall as a black wire with red dots and then through a hole in the guard support on the passenger side of the engine bay (witch I assume goes back into the original hilux wiring to the tacho)

I tried running a wire directly from the ext pin to the black - red dots wire that goes to the dash but it made no difference.

The tacho doesn’t even budge.

looking through the original wiring diagrams it looks like the black lead for the tacho is shared buy the emission control module. I'm curious if this could be linked to the problem as there is no longer anymore emissions control equipment on the truck.

I got the tacho to work today!

The blk-yel wire from the igniter ran to a unused plug next to the ecu.

The hilux's tacho wire was connected to a blk-yel wire on the engine bay side of the firewall, but then joined a different blk-yel wire on the ecu lume.

It all works now however I'm unsure what the blk-yel wire that it was originaly wired into does!