Sydney Violence

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
My 2 cents - well, turns out it's more like $5

It's a big problem that the media and officials responsible for reporting on and responding to these situations have no actual idea what is going on and default to the 'politically correct line' with no regard for the actual worsening problems they're not attending to.

I'm a law student, so I'm no stranger to demands for political correctness or diplomacy. I personally strongly oppose 'racism'. I also think that the 'PC' movement has become confused and dislocated from reality to the point where many people become advocates and apologists for other people who can be superficially linked to 'minority groups' that they're familiar with from popular media.

I grew up in the southern suburbs of Sydney - surfed Cronulla beach, shopped at Hurstville westfields (mall) and still have friends in the south west of Syd... so I feel well qualified to comment on the very real cultural problem that exists.

We could go into social science, look at the problems of 2nd generation immigrants and identity, discuss youth and rebellion... even have a giggle at the irony of Aussie citizens who 'hate the west' listening to top 40 hip hop music and wearing the clothes and pimping the cars they drive to McDonalds... but these aren't the things that we really need to deal with.

Where the problem becomes exceptional and needs dealing with is that some of these guys... quite a lot of 'em think it's a top idea to go around in groups and beat up 'Aussies' who are in no position to defend themselves due to numbers or weapons. It's some kinda perverted cultural identity thing... where they get to be 'the Lions of Lebanon' - probably appeals partially to the Arabic anti-western machismo and partially to the fully-sick gangsta hip hop mentality... along with the fact that they're too stupid or delusional to realise there's nothing 'fully-sick' or 'brave' about it.

I'm all for multicultural Australia... I love the fact that I've had and got Lebo mates, Greek mates (Wozzies), Italian, Chinese, African, Aboriginal, Scottish.... the lot... but at no point is it acceptable for Australian citizens to take up a warlike mentality against 'Aussies'. These guys are idiots who don't appreciate the privilege of living in this country. They're also cowards. They may well identify as being Lebs but if they did similar in Lebanon (where many of them have never been) the cops would kick seven shades out of them. They're perpetrating cowardly, violent crimes and messing with the chilled-out 'Aussie' way of life and society that has accepted them and their parents and that we should all feel privileged to be a part of regardless of our racial or cultural background.

It has been going on for over a decade in the southern burbs but the incidence is increasing due to the rapid growth in the numbers of the Arabic-Australian community and the inability of the govt desk-jobbers to see racial crimes directed against the majority group.

The out of touch politicians have tied the cops hands with their inability to crack down on hate crimes perpetrated by cowardly members of a 'minority' against peaceful members of the perceived dominant majority... which is how the 'vigilante mob' thing came to a head. I certainly don't think that 'Aussies' lynching people of Middle-Eastern appearance is the answer... it was something which developed from the lack of official response to the above mentioned problems...

Given that the cowardly gangsta guys are never going to be there to get lynched due to being cowards... the answer is probably to lynch the bureaucrats and politicians who sit so comfortably removed (geographically and otherwise) from what goes on yet still want to chime in and criticise people who have to deal with the realities.

I really don't mind what your race or religion are... respect is universal... and part of respecting people is to hold them accountable.

There needs to be some recognition of the cowardly violence that has been adopted as part of the lifestyle of the delusional Aus-leb-AraboIslamo-wiggerhomeys by the cowardly and delusional politicians who have accomodated these shitbags by putting their PC-blinkers on and denying that it has been going on for years.

Ok... end rant... I'm gonna browse some tech threads.

PPS... I don't like the idea of the govt abusing the current situation to draft a whole bunch of invasive law and order legislation... but surely there can be something done about people who attack others on the basis that they're 'Aussie' - if someone perpetrates violence based on a hatred of 'Australians' they should have all the freedoms and privileges they derive from citizenship revoked.

A very good read 240stu.

I'm going to expan on your last paragragh as it's a point that angers me about society. Why is it white people can be racist, but coloured people can't? they can attack us "Aussies" because we are Aussies, or gang rape Australian girls and do it for the sole reason they were "Aussies" and it's just considered a crime, yet if we did the same to them it would be called a racist crime?

perfectly said 240

10/10

I was going to write something myself but yours said it all.
I beleive the Leb seniors are partly to blame for not teaching there kids respect. 14yo's walk down shopping malls in melbourne saying they hate all skips, I say 'If you cant handle the peace here, go back to your war zone"

I'm am sick of seing cops having to cop **** off these people and not be able to slam their heads into a jail cell.

I'm hate racism but i can empathise with the initial reactions in Sydney, to bad idiots then made it into something else.

walk into a pub and see how many skips are in a group, 3? maybe 4, but when Labs go out its 20 or 30, they complain that they dont get into night clubs but bounces have leant from experience that large groups of guys always equals trouble.

my last comment i would like to get off my chest is that the lebs are cowards. there are social-ecconomics reasons why young men in minority groups form gangs but all other cultures show respect to "civilens" except the lebs that bash people on the street, out numbering them 5/1 but never pick a one on one fight

ahh that feels better

cheers
dave

cheers for the link zuffen. I didn't realize how bad it was. I agree with skid how when "racial" violence occurs the people of ethnic, asian etc etc desendance are tagged the victims is bloody ridiculous. Though those accusations are coming from people whohave no idea of the depth of the crimes with which they are involved. I don't think the problem will spread australia wide though, because when they come to adelaide they will be here for two weeks and be bored out their F*****G collective brains, and then, they will go back where they came. I'm not racist but i don't take **** from no body what ever colour they are. As long as we have cars though i don't think we have much to worry about. sorry about the rant but like i said i live in adelaide and it's fair boring.

TundraEddie said:
Sorry,if you don't respect the culture go the F back wherever you came from...or go to freaking Paris and cause trouble there.
we have a empty city you could send them all to: New Orleans lol

i dont post here much, but i follow quite a bit. man, didnt know this was going on, this sucks. because of everything thats happend here,we dont have to many problems with people of that decent(that ive seen or heard atleast),but here in the states this happens a bit, to bad its locals doing it.
im in texas, and we are having some problems similar to this with all the people that relocated here from NO. not horribly bad, but still theft, murder,rapes, all whilst we are trying to help.
wtf.gif
is wrong with people?

Good points all around, we have alot of racism in the ghetto communities here in LA, blacks hating whites especially, etc... This is my take. I personally believe all men are created equal and color really has nothing to do with anything. We are all made the same stuff under the skin, and we are raised to think certain ways due to the fact that we are all a product of our society and envirnment. In other words we tend to take on traits and religious values, racism, etc.. usually from our parents, and media.

In general racism is fueled by the media mostly if not all of the time if you really think about it.....One example; the OJ trial, the media fueled anger and racism then after the verdict riots occured (Media, news). It starts there, then you all know in the States the blacks were once slaves and are still naturally still bitter about the whole thing, atleast the older generations and some of that hatred is being pasted down to the new generations, there are many other factors as well. I think being a minority also allows that group of people to claim "racism" before the majority cultures can, for most crimes and or wrongs..

Man I can go about this stuff all day, the bottom line is there is racism all around the world and it is a damn shame if you ask me. Just look at the Middle East. Arab's hate Jews, Jews hate Arabs, USA supports Jews and Isreal, and we are at war, mostly because of racism and religion. I understand it, I know what fuels it, but cannot fix it like I would my Lexus or Toyota if it breaks. Anyway, peace everyone, and don't let this stuff bring you down because it is all ugly if you ask me.

excellent article. Reminds of an old saying regarding changing the immigrations laws; "It is the time to do what is right, not what feels right".

Parents should be able to beat their kids when they step out of line.... hold on, wait up, these damn cowards' parents actually condone violence towards "Anglos" . Ok that was generalising abit, but truth is, that's how it is. Don't call me racist or say i'm wrong till you've lived in Bankstown. I lived 1 street from Telopea st (refer to rod's link)... One of my closest friends was gunned down while walking to a friend's house on telopea st.

Now if the parents aren't going to do something about it, i say give the cops back their power. You might get a bent one here and there, but i reckon fair trade!!

I agree with R-Jay - Alot of parents these days like my sister for example like to use "time outs" to punish their kids. I am here to say that timeouts don't work and my sisters kids are brats... I believe there is only one way to raise kids right and that is the use of the old belt, or atleast a good spanking when deserved... Not timeouts - "son you have been bad and you now get a timeout so go to your room and play X-box 360..." PATHETIC!!!!!!

they, the lebs use the religion as an excuse to get away with what ever they want, they are no different here then they are in Lebanon or the middle east. they are brain washed with their religion which was written by a human based on his beliefs not like the other christian or catholics. now i am not a rasist i have even dated an Egyption/muslin girl for several years, i am 6 gen aussie with english and spannish back ground so i tan easily and often get asked if i am italian.
Luckly i live on the northshore, but now after a few trips into the city and having my attractive girlfriends drink spiked and always having leb guys hitting on her right infront of me, i dont go to the city clubs anymore. Its like every single time we go out there is a drama ... After reading the article above i am more inclined to carry my 9 mil. i know the cops wont get me ... We are heading the same way as the good old USA ......

Yeah I agree with you V8.... the Middle Easterners here in the States too are in general very aggressive. I also want to say I usually don't like to stereotype. I am Italian for the most part and I too have had the same experiences where they (Middle Easterners) would try and pick up on my former girl friends when at a bar or at clubs, granted she was very attractive (and a headache as well but that is a whole different story) but like when I would leave for a second to go to the bathroom or buy a drink for us, she would be fighting one off when I would get back. I remember one time sitting down once at a club with my girl and had to tell the guy to take a walk she is with me can't you see that or are you blind!!! I had said that with anger and had to stand up. He took off, I am 6,5" and 235 pounds and was in really great shape at that time. They try that again in front of me and they may meet a right hook, homey don't play that!!!! A little respect please!!

Anyway, I also have a good friend whom is Israeli himself ( a good guy), he has told me several times it is ruthless living in the Middle East, if you want something you have to pretty much take it, you have to be ruthless and aggressive to have a chance to succeed in any type of business. Very third world.... I would say their way of thinking is completely different from you and I whom were raised in a civilized envirnment...

Oh, I also cannot stand doing business with the Mid Easterners ever, I find them to be very shrude and unethical in general and for the most part, especially the ones fresh off the boat...Man I am sounding racist and that is not my intent...See ya

yep, i have a rule ... if there are less then 4 guys around her then she is fine... i watch from a short distance ... if i am talking with other mates... when the crowd grows then i step in .. like u tell them to shove off ... like u i am 6"2 and nearly 100 kgs ... do a lot of free diving so not too much on the fat side .... cant say i have ever has someone pick a fight with me ... dont know if that is cause i am ugly and they feel sorry for me or what...
but these days you have to be a lot more carefull around the junked up lebs ... and they are easy to spot ...
All the best with yours ...
cheers