Swapping tranny between years on SC400's

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

I recently discovered the 1992, 1993, and 1994 SC400/Soarer automatic trannies are all identical and can be interchangeable between years...Only in 1995 were different changes made.. I succesfully mated a 1993 auto tranny to my 1992 SC400 and it was a perfect fit and match...Wire connections were identical....

A little info. for yousss people that may want to know this little fact......

It is working and running like a champ thanks too you....It appears to be operating just fine...No problems what so ever...

Thanks for the hookup!!! You da man!!!:fing02:

It's kinda weird that it runs so smoothe...I've had the different trannies with upped line pressure in my car for so long I honestly forgot how smoothe the stock ones shifts and operate... It's kinda nice for a change...

Damn....I must be getting old talking like that.......:speechless:

Bro, I need a tranny cooler installed do you know anyone who can do it? I have the complete new cooler and I just need someone to install it for me ..Alot a plastic hoses and parts and it kinda looks like a leak waiting to happen... I am thinking I should let someone with some real experience install it for me.....PM or call me if you can...

Thanks again....

Come by bro... JamesN, Stevechumo and myself always get together and fix out cars along with few Vietnamess coffee or beers. Install the cooler is a piece of cake.

Show me the way as I have much to learn yet as a young grasshopper:006:

I am sure it is a piece of cake but it is a peice of cake that I have not tried yet.. I never installed a cooler with all this plastic tubing crap..... I guess I can give it a try... Tube in from the tranny line to the cooler radiator and then back to the tranny...Mount where ever I would assume...

Still it looks like a pain in the arse...I'm lazy...

Count me in on the next homey gathering...

what makes the 95 so different? I know it went to a five speed auto instead of four, but what else?

Well for starters, the tranny electrical hookup is different which controls the reads to the ECU... The dealer said they are different in 1995... He told me they are the same body but the electrical leads changed...

what makes the 95 so different? I know it went to a five speed auto instead of four, but what else?

Actually they were still 4 speeds. The 5 speeds came in 1998. The changes probably had more to do with OBD II (on board diagnostics 2nd generation) arriving in 1995.