Swap into HQ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

HQLex

This site is great, just been reading some of the info and it seems that the Toyota V8 has heaps of potential.
I have an old HQ Monaro with a tired 350 chev. Im considering dropping the old iron pushrod V8 and transplanting a Toyota V8.

There is some much info here I keep getting lost.

Where abouts in Aust can you get engines, halfcuts etc
What is a reasonable price to pay?

There's a place right near you called "The Toy Shop" in Cardiff, you can pick up a Crown 1/2 cut for $2500, although it varies from importer to importer so it pays to look around. Or someone could be selling one on this forum.
Good luck with the conversion I couldnt find a HQ Monaro to put my 1uz in so I'm using a yellow "Grandads" HZ!

The newer ones have the front sump on them like the celsior (ls400), Aristo (gs400), and the later model crowns have them. You can convert the older ones to a front sump and they sell conversion pans. I hope this helps.

Just checking

I have managed to find a guy selling a half cut at a reasonable price. It is about a 90/91 crown. Are there any differences is output power in the different models(ie crown, soarer etc).

Also I have put some data for the stock V8 and plugged it into Dyno 2000 and it gives out about 250hp max @ 6000rpm in standard trim, would that be about right. I know these question have probably been answered already but there is just so much info on the site its easy to lose track of where things are

Not really. The later years have more power. I think the crown engine makes that much. The exhaust is different on the soarer and celsior. The later model crowns got the celsior exhaust which is bigger. I hope this helps.

you'll notice a difference straight away with custom headers/extractors.
bear in mind the 'off idle' torque won't be there like the 350, but come 3000rpm and things start happening pretty quick. these engine's love to rev (like 7000 in std trim!) so don't be afraid to impress the 350brigade with your new redline :)