Strange Problem

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

persian451

I just had my battery warrantied out and the shop checked out my alternator and it works fine. I run 2 amps and the lights do not dim, so I'm sure the alternator is charging fine.

But for some reason my check oil pressure, coolant, emergency brake, brake light, and battery came up while I was driving...

It goes away here and there, but its on everytime i start my car. I'm normally pretty good about diagnosing my own car problems, but I cant figure this one out.. any ideas other than saying bad alternator?

1991 LS400

I had the same problem.... Its the bad alternator.... millions of lights came on at once....... U should conside running a higher amp alternator if you have two amps.

Try driving in silence (no sound system running) and see if the lights stay off.

If they do you need more grunt in the alternator department.

A Cressida friend had a similar issue.

Turned out that the "Charge Light Relay" in the drivers kickpanel had shorted out and melted.
Replaced that and it was all fine.

Hello, I had the same problem. The alternators that you get that are aftermarket may not have the best connector as compared to stock OEM. You should check these out side by side, you may not be getting an adequate charge. ALSO, I have and older model with lots of miles, so I ran a new charging wire and then ran a dedicated ground off of the body of the alternator to the negative battery terminal. Result: the car charges and runs like new.
The lights or other faults manifest can come from a faulty or not adequately charged battery. Good Luck this is a tough one to diagnose.