Very strange running after hitting limiter

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Additivewalnut

I have a 240sx with an m90 1uz, it runs fantastic, very strong, very smooth. Today I was showing off a little bit and accidentally hit limiter while spinning the tires. Immediately after that, it started bucking really hard and running terribly, my tach was jumping all over the place.

I pulled into a parking lot and it was idling incredibly low and loping like cammed chevy, I completely lost my tach at this point so I shut the car down and waited for it to cool off a bit. I went to start it back up and it would start then immediately die unless I held the gas.

Some messing around with plug wires making sure they were all in and making sure all my wires to the coils and everything were good and it still wasn't running right, but it was running enough to limp it home. But while limping it home, it fixed itself. Everything went back to normal and I had power again, my tach came back, idled like normal. I checked plugs when I got home and they didn't look burnt at all.

What do I even do to figure out what went wrong here?

If you lost your tach I would lean toward a plug being loose in the igniter that feeds the tach signal.

Simple to check and make sure they are fully inserted.

If you lost your tach I would lean toward a plug being loose in the igniter that feeds the tach signal.

Simple to check and make sure they are fully inserted.
sorry for the late reply, I've been moving houses.

I did check the ignitor plugs when it happened and they seemed fine, unplugged and plugged back in anyway. But my tach was jumping all over the place and the car wasn't running right. The ignitors were also pretty hot to the touch, could those be going bad?

Only thing that got it to idle again was unplugging the maf and plugging it back in but even after it was plugged back I was still running really rough for a bit.

If it was in limp mode then read the code and repair. Limp mode is a computer induced failsafe after a fault is detected, a code set and the safety conditions put in place. Given your symptoms I'd expect code 14 or 15.

I swapped the plugs on the igniters just to see what would happen and it ran like shit. My tach was still jumping all over the place. I put the plugs back how they were and it still runs like shit and my tach still jumps around.

If the igniters feed the tach signal, and those get signal from the ecu, does that mean I have either 2 bad ignitors or a bad ecu? Maybe a failing crank sensor?

All this trouble because I hit limiter by accident :(