Stolen lexus V8 Hilux

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

LOWBOY NZ

This post applies to the NZ guys on this site,

Watch out for any cheap 1UZ parts coming up for sale on trademe etc.

On Sunday my 1UZ powered hilux was stolen from chartwell square shopping centre in hamilton and then seen heading towards auckland. This looks like it was a professional job ie steal to order.

Mean while i guess i have to focus on glovermans 1UZ powed hiace van.

Chers,

Philip

P.S. www.customrides.co.nz will be back with a new faster and better V8 Hilux!!

GRRRR i hate thieving scum - what sort of mentality do you need to steal someone else's stuff? especially a CAR?

that's really low and i hope you get a nice PHAT insurance cheque.

:soapbox:

**** yeah that sucks. thats my worst fear having my car stolen. at least with a unique ride like that it will be pretty damn obvious to anyone that the parts are off that car.
bring on the new ride though. this is why we pay rediculous insurance premiums aye.

Hey 340i,

I hear you have been in hamilton and met up with gloverman??? when are you next in hamilton??? Would be cool to catch up at Cartune some time if your around.

My excess is $1500 on the Hilux as im under 25 and its classed as a hi performance modified vehicle. There is a picture of the ute in action under Events on www.customrides.co.nz

Plans for the next Hilux are being drawn up as we speak. Our main goal is to get the lux running low 13's on the quarter while maintaining that sleeper look.

Philip

bad luck man , hopefully the scum get caught and i hope your legal system is a bit better than the australian one where criminals get treated like royalty.

well the new one should be awesome u should twin turbo it sohuld get a nice time down the quarter then or blow it like im doing to mine either way go nuts and hopefully they catch the f***ers

We have the 3 strikes rule hear in the States, it goes like this do the same crime three times and you do serious time...Criminals have it pretty easy here too. They give you a 20 year sentence and your out in 8-10 years. If you have $ and good defense lawyer you can get away with murder, just look at OJ Simpson...

I am all for lashing...especially if they steal your ride!!!!!!!!!

lowboy nz,
yeah i met gloverman by chance when i seen him in a 1uz rx7 and he let me check it out.
im back in hamilton in march, but the car will be left in wellington in a topsecret theive-proof lockup, as it still isn't road legal due to an unresolved dispute between myself and my hydraulic clutch release bearing setup.
you should get those 13's easy enough, the original 1uz hilux done by quest 4 did 12.8 back in 2002, with a standard engine (although it is a lighter 2 door ute).
ill pm you wen im up there to meet up.
cheers

It had 18" chrome Advanti Victories on it and was running an SC400 1UZ-fe whitch has the factory single throttle body(non traction control).

Any help would be awesome, otherwise its back to the workshop.

Attachments

• truck pics 035.jpg
    truck pics 035.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 2
Well one week down since my hilux got stolen and no progress, i havnt herd from the police yet although i know the vehicle registration and everything is now suspended and its listed as a stolen vehicle. Things dont look good now for it to turn up in one piece.

On a different note I just picked up a 94' SR5 2WD double cab hilux for my dad, its in pretty mint condition and most definatly will get a 1UZ engine transplant.... unfortunatly this means the 1UZ altezza/IS200 plan goes on hold for a bit longer.

hi -nemesis-

From the security camera footage the guys followed me into the carpark waited for me to lock the ute and walk away. They waited around the ute for about 6 minutes before punching the drivers lock, once they were in they punched out the ignition barrel and took off.....yet to be seen again.

I only had an alarm through my stereo which will only good if that is tamperd with. it usually takes the AA 30 mins to get into my hilux so i thought id be relativly safe just going in to get a few groceries.

Id recommend a few dead man switches and a GPS alarm system thats 5star rated. it may set you back around $1000 at least but you insurance company recognises this and reduces the premiums and excess.

The stereo in my hilux wasnt anything flash so i'd say the ute was stolen for the running gear. The only thing i can take from it is that i must have done a decent job on the conversion for some one to want it that bad.

Ahh ok bugger then eh....

I've put an Aus Standards (all black wiring) triple immobilser alarm in mine. I know they can get around just about anything, but at least that'll slow em down enough to scare em off i'd say. I always try park in busy locations.... Plus I use a steering lock thing.

Yeah i was parked in a busy carpark with security camera's in full view but yeah...i think if someone wants your car they will just go for it. Here's a tip, dont put the alarm manufacturer's label on your window, if they want your car they will just read up on how its installed and get around it.

yeah i've heard that before actually...

it sounds like there was no way your car was going to remain yours - the scum had decided that your car was theirs that day and that was it.

suck there's no news - take the cheque and run.

sounds like you need some Newgrounds.com antitheft devices(i.e., dead scumbads. some up to 300 pounds.) :p

no seriously, an automatic scumbag mashing machine that utilizes the door might not be such a bad idea... heres the guy trying to steal your car, when he tries to break the window, pop a lock, the door hits him. imagine him calling the cops on you for that one.