Stock 1UZ Internal Engine Specs - BIG ASK!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rivmasta

Hey all - Im gonna need some techy help with this one...

Im trying to put together the stock motor for EA so Im after a buttload of specs... any help at all would be appreciated!

Please remember this is for STOCK internals!

This will get me started, I can take a guess or get the program to take a guess with most of the rest. Then I'll do a dyno run and see how accurate it is. Then I'll start adding comp, cams, exhaust, intake etc and see what comes up. :) happy to test anyones pet theories as well once I have a baseline to work with.

250hp @ 5600
260ft/pd @ 4400

Block:
87.5mm Bore size
82.5mm Stroke
146mm Rod Length
10.0:1 compression ratio

Head:
33.6mm Intake Valve Diameter
Intake Port diameter (average before split)
Intake port length
Intake port angle (to deck)
28mm Exhaust Valve Diameter
Exhaust Port Eiameter (average before split)
Exhaust Port lenght
Chamber Design (Assume Pent roof similar to 4ag?)
Exhaust port angle (to deck)
1 @ 45 deg - No of valve angle faces at seat and degrees of each

Intake:
Runner diameter at head
Runner length
Throttle body CFM
OR
Throttle body diameter
Throttle body effective length (IE from air cleaner to Plenum)
Plenum chamber volume in CC's

Exhaust: stock mani remember! Is it cast iron?
Section 1 (from head to chamber)
Length
Diameter
Section 2 (from furthest runner to first restriction)
Length
Diameter

Cams: (95 - 97 LS400)
110 Intake Centerline ATDC
183 Intake Duration at .050"
7.65 Intake Lift
106 Exhaust Centerline ATDC
181 Exhuast Duration at .050"
7.75 Exhaust Lift

did some fooling about, made some guesses and did a virtual dyno run of:

251 ft pd @ 4000rpm, 252 hp @ 6000rpm which is close enough for me to
260 ft pd @ 4400prm, 250 hp @ 5500rpm.

now its time to start camming it, open exhaust, uping comp and all that fun stuff!!!

CR is 10.0:1 already - it's really not going much higher on pump fuel!!!

cams will help a-plenty, 7MGTE 440cc injectors go in the same hole (up from 215ish cc i think) and the exhaust gains are a given.

get stuck into it!!!

11.5:1 will be fine on U98, providing you have a nice supply of cold air.

Many stock motors have been running this compression for years.

Attachments

• Fuel Pump Instal 2.JPG
    Fuel Pump Instal 2.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Fuel Pump Instal 1.JPG
    Fuel Pump Instal 1.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 3
i noticed you had a peak in your program of 253hp at 6k. You won't get accurate numbers of that spec cause the engine really peaks at 5500-5600 at around 230hp (as shown by rear wheel dynos at 180rwhp) stock and by 6k is already really suffering b/c of the cams. I think if you adjust for 230hp at 5600rpm your virtual add-ons will be more accurate.

WDoherty said:
i noticed you had a peak in your program of 253hp at 6k. You won't get accurate numbers of that spec cause the engine really peaks at 5500-5600 at around 230hp (as shown by rear wheel dynos at 180rwhp) stock and by 6k is already really suffering b/c of the cams. I think if you adjust for 230hp at 5600rpm your virtual add-ons will be more accurate.
Cheers - I thought the cam specs I was using were already getting a little large - mild street pretty much. 230 @ 5500 seems more correct on the program for stockish cams.

Found the stock cam specs at seat timing so recalced for a good guess at .050" (edited first post) and came up with with a virtual run of:

Pk Tq = 249 @ 4000
Pk HP = 228 @ 5500

So unless some of my other guesses are completely boogered it should be a good baseline... yes???

rivmasta said:
Found the stock cam specs at seat timing so recalced for a good guess at .050" (edited first post) and came up with with a virtual run of:
Pk Tq = 249 @ 4000
Pk HP = 228 @ 5500
So unless some of my other guesses are completely boogered it should be a good baseline... yes???
Any chance i can get a copy of your saved 1UZ files for this?

No probs - I'd like someone to double check some of the stats like runner lengths and sizes etc - the sort of stuff you cant find on the site... and because I dont actually own one of the engines yet...

I'll flip down both complete engines and all camshaft files.

I measured the runner lengths last night - not hugely accurate as it's difficult to measure directly in the centre but I got 32cm from the back of the valve to the top of the lower intake manifold and 7cm for the part of the runner attached to the plenum so total length about 39cm.

rivmasta... i can put the files up on a web server so they are available to everyone.
Is that ok with you?

We should make a new forum thread as well so we can discuss changes to the engine settings that could make it more accurate.

Good idea. I've been playing with the files you sent me MWP and I think it still needs some work as I put in the runner length of 330mm (390mm total - 60mm port length) which is more accurate but the torque and power figures are too low low in the rev range and not big enough.

Great base to start with though Rivmasta!

Definately OK with me.

The more people who see them, work with them, the more correct the data, the more accurate the virtual build, the better the baseline for my modifications so the them the faster my race engine will be!

Seriously, no probs to upload.

Ive been playing with results from engine mods for the past week trying to get to 100% volumetric efficiency, and as low as poss in the rev range.... Im getting close!

Ive got a virtual build for a 20v which runs at pk tq at 109%... And that engine in the "real world" was an absolute belter...

Damien said:
Good idea. I've been playing with the files you sent me MWP and I think it still needs some work as I put in the runner length of 330mm (390mm total - 60mm port length) which is more accurate but the torque and power figures are too low low in the rev range and not big enough.

Great base to start with though Rivmasta!
Excellent! cheers! Not having one of these engines yet kind of holds you back from getting accurate numbers for stuff like this....-