Maxed out stock 1UZ injectors easily- I thought they were good for 400bhp?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

StavFC

As title really.

Engine is N/A on ITBs, Kelford Cams (290deg duration), etc etc, stock (albeit balanced and ARP rod bolts) bottomend etc etc, and we hit 90% injector duty cycle (at stock fuel pressure) by 6500rpm.

In the tech section on Lextreme it claims the injectors are good for 400bhp, and while I don't know the power we got to, I'm pretty certain it wasn't even close to that.

Time to source some bigger injectors I guess. Didn't expect that!

Small 215cc injectors or the 250cc injectors?

I normally get our stock engines pretty close to the top of stock injectors. Just checked the logs of a 3UZ and they were running up to 90% which will be due to the stock headers. The 3uz with extractors was hitting 96%. Early engines I commonly hit 85-90% Na.

I have only done 1 forced engine with the 250cc injectors which was supercharged in a boat. They were 100%(ECU calculated was over that) on hard acceration with high load but once the load came off a bit they were just OK. Mixtures did remain safe but there was nothing in reserve. Every other forced engine has had bigger injectors. Presently have a twin turbo (Hiace Van) which is getting to the top of 440cc units.

I am working on a motor similar specs to your one so it will be interesting how it turns out. We already have the larger injectors for it as I know the stockers won't cut it.

250s, which we hoped would do the job, but not even close.

I'm guessing 440s would be fine, I'll see what's around.

We happened to have a supplier of 540's over here so they should be more than enough. Otherwise I would just go overboard and fit ID1000's like I do with everything else. It's a race car with cams so Idle quality isn't the most important thing. Then theres room for E85 if needed.

We happened to have a supplier of 540's over here so they should be more than enough. Otherwise I would just go overboard and fit ID1000's like I do with everything else. It's a race car with cams so Idle quality isn't the most important thing. Then theres room for E85 if needed.

Im looking at injectors now as well. In a turbo e85 setup, What power do you think the ID1000 can support?

On the conservative side I would be working on around 750rwhp for ID1000's on E85. I factored 90% duty cycle at 3 bar pressure. The great thing about ID's is their fuel atomisation at very low duty cycles. I'm happy as oversizing with ID's compared with other makes as they work so well.

I have just been tuning a dirty chev engine which runs 8 time 5000cc (rated at 90psi) injectors on Meth. We have them at 73% duty at 69psi pressure. Now that thing can use fuel.

On the conservative side I would be working on around 750rwhp for ID1000's on E85. I factored 90% duty cycle at 3 bar pressure. The great thing about ID's is their fuel atomisation at very low duty cycles. I'm happy as oversizing with ID's compared with other makes as they work so well.

I have just been tuning a dirty chev engine which runs 8 time 5000cc (rated at 90psi) injectors on Meth. We have them at 73% duty at 69psi pressure. Now that thing can use fuel.

Wow the chev must be making good numbers.
In reguards to the id1000, that is about what i have calculated with a few calculators on the net. Building the fuel sytem around the 750 fwhp. Plan on using an aeromotive a1000 pump. Just need pump and injectors now... Sorry to hijack this thread...

Yeah, I might go overboard and run 1000s too, as knowing me it won't take long until I'm bored and add a turbo, lol

Can anyone tell me of any plug and play larger injectors I can use?
So the correct impedance and not needing to change the electronic plugs too?

Would like something as simple as possible, and getting hold of old RX7 or Mk3 Supra injectors is no easy task now. There must be some other cars?

OEM or aftermarket injectors, just want bigger but direct fit.

I've been Googling all day and all I could find was people using 7M injectors or people using ones that needed different injector plugs etc.

Without knowing plug names etc i was struggling to find anything.

But that link is ideal, have some they say is direct fit for 1UZ, winner.

I am looking into 3rzfe Tacoma injectors...same plug, same ohm, and rated at 300cc...If you can find those local to compare if they physically fit into rail this may be an option for you but it will only drop your duty cycle down to 90%ish