steering u joints

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Treynon

Via suggestion from peewee I have started researching the steering shaft cut/u joint modification to fit the stock ls400 / crown front sump headers. When I lift my old oil leaking 5mge out i'll start taking pics. This might be the way to go as far as stock replacement and therefore a california legal swap (I would think as long as you use a california ls400 engine/tranny/ecu.). In salt lake city a hot rod shop sells 3/4 inch u joints for this modification but I have yet to find out if 3/4 is the right size for our shaft. The modification would basically cut the steering shaft for a 60 degree angle (from a source in SLC at a hotrod shop) and use a joint with a carrier bearing. The cost of the modification will probably be less than 150 dollars US if mod is done by yourself with friends if possible. It would be nice as custom one off headers cost alot.

I'm thinking of an angle like this with 2 joints and a carrier bearing. Flaming river is a company out of Ohio who makes custom steering components and i'll be contacting them soon.

I have done this for 4x4's and one vega car---just make sure you are secured by at least 2 points (I prefer 3) below the slip joint--I believe--it has been a while--I am going this route also in a little while myself as I do not want to dink with the exhaust too much as I am already adding a supercharger and r154 and I want to run duals to a big single perhaps same side as original 5mge exhaust (bigger muff of course)---I think summit had some really good prices--and do not forget to cycle your suspension up and down and each way to watch your sway bar and clearances--I am interested in pic's from you also---so I can make my assembly quicker then we are both running we can meet and go for a few runs--I am going to have a paxton novi 2000 set up on mine--