Steering fluid cooling loop.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

UKSupertrucks

Hi, Possibly a 'low value' question but, is it common practice to re-use the power stering fluid cooling loop, that is factory fitted to the pump return pipe on the LS400, or loose it. I have just transplanted the LS400 engine into a 1997 Hilux double cab - that did not have one as stock, but then thought that the Lexus one might be a more powerfull pump, that might require the fluid to be cooled. Any advise from experiance appreciated.
Thanks

In my 4x4 I run the Lexus hydraulic fan oil cooler for my power steering together with a themostat to control temps.

4x4's place a lot more strain on the pump and cause raised fluid temps due to much wider/heavier tyres.

I would definitely run one.

I'm just curious but I just installed a remote trans cooler and left the factory internal trans cooler thats inside the radiator and wanted to plumb the P/S fluid through it. Any sense of lowering the temps? I don't have 33'' tires or anything but tend to abuse my care in short bursts... is it worthwhile? I have an unused cooler lol. I also considered using it to cool engine oil.