Burning Power Steering Fluid

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

D. Nathan

The P/S fluid reservoir on my '94 LS 400 (68,000 miles) is always low. I just replaced the high pressure P/S hose. I have been noticing smoke out of the tailpipes at cold startup. I understand I may be able to correct the problem by removing a vacuum line. I would greatly appreciate any help/advice anybody could give me concerning this. Thanks!

There few things i should talk about Power steering pump (PSP). The rack and pinion are inter-related. Few days ago my R&P selnoid locked up and the pump had no place to pump the fluid and leak out the weakest part of the system. Yes, my PSP seal leaked after the R&P locked up. Due to the leak, my alternator also shorted out due to oil flow to it. One problem cause three parts to fail. Lots of repair bill..

Tail pipe? maybe bigger problem than just PSP.

air valve leak causing problem

There is an air bypass valve stuck on the back of your ps pump that is leaking. It is letting ps fluid into the bypassed air which circulates to your intake and causes the smoke. Expensive valve. You can change it yourself with the pump on the car if you are a relatively nifty mechanic but otherwise have someone do it. its pretty tight spot.
Yo