Starter Motor wiring

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

toxsickcity

Hello,

I went to go see my Frontier today.. everything looks great..

it's sitting in the engine bay and they are making mounts!! looks so cool.. BIG V8!!

where is the starter motor's MAINS 12V+ go? and where does the Start solenoid push thing connect to? I cannot even see a starter motor!

please attach some photos for me!

Are you wiring up the engine yourself?
The starter is one of the easiest things to wire up. If thats a hard task for you, you should reconsider doing it yourself :(

Anyway...
The starter is in the valley under the inlet manifold.
The big cable off the starter goes to your battery.
The smaller wire goes to a starter relay or your ignition barrel.

Attachments

• Bolting Image.jpg
    Bolting Image.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 72
ohh crap.. I see it... it's diectly on top...
i looked at a photo of someone rebuilding a 1UZ and when the gear is removed it is directly above the flywheel.
is it easy to get to the connections? or is that big thick wire attached to the side of the engine the starter cable!!

i looked at a photo of someone rebuilding a 1UZ and when the gear is removed it is directly above the flywheel.
is it easy to get to the connections? or is that big thick wire attached to the side of the engine the starter cable!!

On my 1UZFE from an SC400, the starter wire as a large, black wire which came out at the front of the engine on driver's side (USA). If the Supra wasn't in storage I'd take a look, however I have a picture that may help. The black wire in the harness in the picture is the starter wire:

http://picasaweb.google.com/1uzsupra/Supra_Wiring#5219731663973195778

Also, my wiring guide for the Supra conversion, no sure how handy it would be for your conversion but may help:

http://supra.milisake.com/2008/08/08/wiring-information-v1/

Intake manifold. Not the exhaust manifold.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys...

I have a large wire and I will check if that is the starter.. also I got a black wire connect to a plug!! i have a feeling it is the small starter!