Standalone ECU standalone noop question again :(

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

oneeyefrail

hi all,currently building a 1uzfe twin turbo(taking a while due to work commitments) whats the best standalone system in your eyes. looking at megasquirt and link..,whats the easiest to install less hassle and whats needed,
been offered a Ms1 Megasquirt Ecu with V3 software loaded, what would be needed to rig this up to the 1uzfe,
looking at changing the dizzies and fitting coil on plug too.
any info or links to items /websites regarding the above would be gratefully recieved,had a quick search but there seems to be a bit of conflicting stories going about
cheers in advance

ace site by the way ,

Welcome to the forum.

Which chassis do you have? AEM have a PnP standalone for the Supra that will plug right into an SC400 harness. Several of us are developing our projects around this ECU, and we have a former AEM product development and support engineer on this forum, so there's a high level of support.

If you're getting rid of your distributors, and going COP, you'll need an ECU with at least 4 ignition outputs. I'm no MS expert, but I believe its outputs are very limited.

Find yourself a very good ECU tuner, explain to him what you want to do, take his recommendations on board and go with the ECU that he knows. You and that tuner are going to become close partners as soon as you make the decision to go standalone.

I wouldn't bother with MS systems due to lack of features and tuning resolution. People have gotton decent results with them but I have been in several cars that had MS systems on them and the drivability was not that great...

The Link systems are pretty good. I have only delt with on link sys. and I did like it.

What John (cribbj) pointed out is that the AEM unit is pretty much plug and play. My only problem with that is that yes, installation is pretty easy, but you are dealing with wiring that is between 10 and 20 years old.. Personally, I dont like that so in my eyes, I would be rewiring it any ways...

ok thanks for the replies so far, its going to be going in to a beemer e30,was supposed to be a is200 but someone went up the back of it :(,the wiring s prob gonna have to get done pretty much form scratch as the 1uzfe loom was cut at the engine

I will be using AEM on my VVTi engine. Mitch have pretty good success with the AEM. He recently tuned a GS400 with it. I also have a customer with GS430 powered by the FISH will be using AEM and will be also tune by Mitch.