Standalone ECU Stock Motor in Offroad Race Truck Looking for easiest install Standalone

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

htibaja

Very new to motor work, and never done any tuning, have a 1uzfe out of 92sc with auto tranny, putting in toyota pickup built for offroad racing. Trying to figure out the easiest way to plug and play the motor in the truck a friend suggested looking for a standalone wiring harness and or standalone ecu since i will be doing custom dash and gages and just want to motor to run without all the codes getting set off by all the other things in a normal sc. If you have suggestions on what the best course of action would be to make this install the easiest it would be much appreciated.

Mods: custom intake, headers and custom exhaust, (possible msd ignition system if i can figure it out.)

Thanks for the help

Easiest would be an AEM. Plugs right into a stock harness, add a MAP sensor and a pair of WB O2's and you're all set to go. No wiring nightmare.

The AEM also fully controls the automatic transmission. Any other standalone and you'll most likely need a separate tranny controller.

Easiest/cheapest way is to run OEM harness + ECU + auto trans. Fab motor and trans mounts and get a D-shaft made are your up and running. If you need a 5-speed instead, you can run it with the stock ECU as well and it will still work 100%, but you will get a MIL for the trans. If its an off road truck who cares about the dash MIL's?

Is this going to be daily driven in Cali as well?

Don't you guys get many aftermarket wire in ECUs? Over here there are a few options. Can even be purchased with prewired looms that would suit offroad racing perfectly.

Cheers

so after my first post Ive been doing more research and it looks i can run the motor and trans of the stock ecu with minimal wiring, just have to supply power to the correct spots on the harness and wala it will run. the reason i was worried to start was most swaps i see on here are into trucks that want to keep the stock dash and all the accessories.
It looks like i have to supply power by wiring the ignition and basically plugging everything else in. I do not have the stock sc400 engine bay fuse box, kind of wondering if i should go pick up if (if that would be easier then wiring the truck fuse box to the 1uzfe)