SS Headers Closed?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I tried to make a purchase online via the web and my credit card was not able to process. So I made a call but got a message stating the number is no longer in service. I called 3-4 more times and triple check the digits. Anyone have news on this?

I have a email off to them 2 days ago, concerning the Lexus SS headers - non answer yet. Then 2 days is not a lot for a (hopefully) busy company.

After reading your post I called them too and on both numbers (website) the same recording - out of service....

Not good :( I was expecting to order a set soon....

thjakits

NEWS to me :confused:

I just tried both the main number and the fax number and each had recording stating not in service OR assigned to a different area code. It is possible that their area code has changed or they moved but dang... should be noted somewhere like their website.

I will try to find out more. In the meantime if ANYone is in the Glendale area maybe they can drive by the shop. Here is the address:

6042 N. 53rd DRIVE
GLENDALE, AZ 85301-7775

BAD NEWS:

S&S Headers is indeed out of business :mad:

Found this letter from co-owner Betty McCalla on MicroRacing.com

"Dear S&S Headers, Inc., Customers and Vendors:

Anybody want to buy a header company? This is one of the most difficult letters I have ever had to write. Due to the ongoing poor economic conditions and continued shortfall of revenue, it looks like we are becoming yet another casualty of this recession/depression. Our building owners worked with us as long as they could but unfortunately have now chosen to pull the plug. They have exercised their right to change the locks and demand all past due rent in full, which we are unable to provide at the present time. Therefore, it is with great disappointment and regret that we announce that our business is currently closed.

We are trying to legally regain control of our physical property so that we may satisfy work-in-process orders and return property that belongs to our customers. I will keep you informed of our progress.

Thank you so very much for your continued support and the many years we have worked together. It has been a 41-year journey for S&S, and we deeply appreciate all of our customers and vendors and wish you continued success.

Sincerely,

Betty McCalla

S&S Headers, Inc."

Bummer

It's really a bummer that Betty and her husband ran a great company into the ground after they bought it. They made great products for many years while based in California. The company was given plenty of opportunities and in the end messed over several people and never paid their bills. It's too bad... This company was great way back in the day. I'm sorry for the loss for the community for losing access to good products but i hope Betty and her husband feel guilty for what they did to others who stood by them and supported them while losing their butts the whole time. Shame on them!
This wasn't due to the economy but mismanagement and greed!

Does anyone have old decals from S&S headers? Please post if you do!

Simon

BAD NEWS:

S&S Headers is indeed out of business :mad:

Found this letter from co-owner Betty McCalla on MicroRacing.com

"Dear S&S Headers, Inc., Customers and Vendors:

Anybody want to buy a header company? This is one of the most difficult letters I have ever had to write. Due to the ongoing poor economic conditions and continued shortfall of revenue, it looks like we are becoming yet another casualty of this recession/depression. Our building owners worked with us as long as they could but unfortunately have now chosen to pull the plug. They have exercised their right to change the locks and demand all past due rent in full, which we are unable to provide at the present time. Therefore, it is with great disappointment and regret that we announce that our business is currently closed.

We are trying to legally regain control of our physical property so that we may satisfy work-in-process orders and return property that belongs to our customers. I will keep you informed of our progress.

Thank you so very much for your continued support and the many years we have worked together. It has been a 41-year journey for S&S, and we deeply appreciate all of our customers and vendors and wish you continued success.

Sincerely,

Betty McCalla

S&S Headers, Inc."

Pretty ballsy post for your first post on a Forum.

Let's hope it improves from here on in.

Dug up a nice old thread too.

I'll be keeping a close eye on you.

S&s

I don't have much to provide but wanted to set the record straight. It infuriates me about the history and why S&S went down. The company made great products, I just didn't care for the way things were handled by management. Maybe good intentions were there but I personally feel they messed over people. It was an old thread but that's how much it meant to me. Bottom line they should just feel guilty. This by no means reflects anything about product, just the owners. They had no honor.

Simon

They dealt with me with 100% honor

I can't speak for your experiences with them, but I can tell you and all that early in my development with my project, I bought a set of headers from them for a specific FI design I was developing. Their headers would not fit, and when i contacted Betty, her husband not only took them back but refunded me 100% of my money. That is not a sign of dishonor as you speak of them.

Agree with Zuffen. You have only 2 posts, and both are negative about S&S...Appears there may be an axe to grind here...

Ryan