speedometer Question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mercexus

Can anyone help I have a problem concerning the ls 400 engine and factory auto trans swap to my merc 190e about how you drive the speedometer the merc is cable driven and the ls400 auto has a magnetic pickup on it? any assistance would be greatly appreciated .. thank's mercexus out:eek:

ditch the rear hall sensor and fit a cable drive from another toyota box. Its the back up sensor for the box and the main(front) speed sensor is the primary shift sensor.

Re hall sensor

Can anyone help I have a problem concerning the ls 400 engine and factory auto trans swap to my merc 190e about how you drive the speedometer the merc is cable driven and the ls400 auto has a magnetic pickup on it? any assistance would be greatly appreciated .. thank's mercexus out:eek:

Thank's mate for the info, any ideas on a particular model and year toyota trans that i need to look for? cheer's Steve

Wrong....

As is said fit a cable drive speedo drive from another Toyota box with the correct driven gear for your diff ratio, Example Toyota Hilux. You then need an inline 4 pulse speed sensor in the speedo drive as this gives the ECU the VSS input and can and does affect the trans shifting when using either a Saorer or Celsior ECU