speed sensor wiring lexus to surf

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

dannyboy77

not sure if there is a kit for this or if have the right end of the stick but here is the question.

on the 1UZFE to LN130 surf conversion i have put the lexus head up display in the surf everything is OK apart form the Speedo as it reads a 1/5 of the speed im actually going but after reading the FSM i see the lexus no1 speed sensor gives 20 pulses per rev and the surf 4 so thats were the 1/5 of the speed reading comes from as the surf no1 speed sensor in the Trf case is giving 4 pulses and the lex dash is reading that. i cant put the lexus speed sensor in the trf case or fit it into the housing of the surfs speed sensor

is there any fancy electronics or things i can do to make the lexus speed dial show the true speed i am going with this configuration??

i have units that can multiply signals by up to 8 times
so every 1 pulse it can multiply up to 8 pulses
but as u multiply closer to 8 the speedo will jump abit at low speeds
cause every 1 pulse i sends an instant 8 so at very low speeds it will do this
but theres not much u can do

at 5 times multiply its not as bad as i use that setting for some tachos
they have 4 ic's in the uni so pretty complicated and have pretty good fine adjustment
the only other way is to get the 20 pulse on the gearbox
then use this same unit to divde the signal by 4 just for the surf speedo
as dividing signals i sway easier than multiplying them

also if u have non std tyres your speedo is going to be out
so these units can adjust at fine incements

let us know if u r interested
they are about 250 bucks

thanks for that! i will probably go with the multiplyer as i would been a new surf dash and display and have to rewire so i CBAed with that!

the speedo sensor for the speedo is in the transfer case of the surf thats why cant put the lexus one in.

i will only need 4 pulses after the one from the surf sensor as i only need another 16 per rev as have 4 from the surf.

does the multiplyer work out the timing of the 4 pulses per rev then fit in 4 in between each pulse or just bang out 4 pulses after each pulse at a set time if you know what i mean.

is the 250 bucks P+P as well? as i live in the UK?

You really have done that the hard way haven't you? I use the standard Surf instrument cluster with either a V6 or 4 cyl petrol 4runner tacho fitted or if one can be gotten to suit the recipient Surf( or Hilux) the entire V6 4runner instrument cluster as it gives you the 180kp/h speedo. The VSS fitted to the Surf/4runner speedo is compatible with the Lexus ECU but for pre 2L-TE LN130 Surfs getting the diesel tacho to work is something that isn't going to happen as all it will tell you is the engine is idling, 2L-TE turn the trim pot in the tacho hard over to the right and away you go..

Speedo using 180kp/h 4runner instruments..Well I just threw it in, adjusted the tacho to suit and thanks to a nice Policeman who could not believe that a Surf could go that fast (and knocked the ticket down as a result) found out that it's pretty much bang on with 31 inch tyres

hey dannyboy
have no idea what u just said

i know the surf has 4 pulses on the speedo sensor
but u just cant add 16

u either find a 20 pulse sensor to suit the hud
then reduce signal for surf dash

or u multiply the 4 to get 20

u just cant add 16 pulses

250 plus postage which should not be too much as its a small unit
its just a 4 wire hook up

screwing trim pot on diesel tacho works sort of
the needle gets jumpy over the place and sort of floats around the correct area hehehe
people should not dont be tight asses and spend 150 bucks and get tacho fixed properly

anyway hilux surf 4runer dashes suk asssss
oil pressure is slow as to change
temp gauge has pisspoor range there is a fix for that but nearly most of olf toyota temp gauges suk asss

anyway enough of bagging toyota out hehehehehe

yeah will go for that. is it best to contact you through your web site? will be in a few weeks though just need to save up as it was an expensive christmas!

oh any by the way unlucky in the cricket! :)

Yes the good old cricket
Your guys just out batted us in every game
I got two young toddlers so they keep me busy
And no time to watch much of it
Maybe I'll teach em how to play so that in 25 years
We can win back the ashes hehe

Just email me thru website
Thanks