Speed Limiter!?!?!?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Death By Bass

I was originally under the impression that my car had a 240km/hr limiter, that was until I had a nice, clear night, on a nice clear, straight road... and discovered this:

hmmxg8.jpg

the car hits a limiter, at about 185km/hr, and when I say hit, I mean HIT!!! its like the throttle closes completely, you get thrown slightly forward in your seat, untill the car is back down to 180km/hr, and then the throttle opens again...

now, the 180km/hr limiter isn't THAT much of a big deal... except, with your foot flat to the floor, the auto trans doesn't actually change into 4th gear until 180km/hr!!!!

thats right!!!! lol, we're doing 180km/hr, in 3rd gear!!!! it changed to 4th, and 5km/hr later, and you're not going any faster!!!! lol

oh well, how can I remove this? :p

limiter removal

There are lots of complicated ways to remove the speed limiter. The best way is to get a replacement computer that has been modified or get yours done. I just found a Mine's replacement ECU which removes the limiter, ups the rev limiter to 7500rpm and warms up the tuning. I got it for $1500 fitted. Otherwise you are looking at a LOT of money on looms, after market ECU's and facing the fact that your dash and aircon will only half work from then on.
Piggyback flash tuners will only change your tuning and not remove the limter, despite some people thinking so. Do a search on a few lexus/toyota forums and you will find lots of stuff on this.

the Aussie Lexus LS400's say they have a top speed of like 240km/hr...

wouldn't that mean they have a higher speed limiter, so, swapping the Celsior ECU, for the Lexus one might remove the limiter aswell?

edit: maybe I imagined reading that somewhere? lol

jeez

I hope it's not that easy and cheap after all I went through. hehe the mines kicks arse anyway. I find out how much at Eastern Creek on the 26th of Jan :saevil:

You will probably also find that the cruise control can't be set over 108 KPH either .
I found out how to remove the cruise control limit and it also seems to have done away with the 180 limit , have had the speedo well past the 180 which is as high as the numbers go .
I would estimate that mine has been at about 210 KPH .

Yes, all Japanese cars from about 1988 have a speed limiter of 180kph installed.
Aus cars do not have these limiters.
US cars do, but I'm not sure on the actual figure (150mph?)

You DO NOT need another ecu, all you need is a Speed Cut Defender.
Its about a $200 unit that modifies the speed signal to the ecu.
Basically it tops the input to the ecu at about 175kph, even if you are going faster.

This however, will stuff with your 3rd to 4th shift, as the ecu will not shift into 4th when you are flat to the floor until about 190kph.
So you just have to back off slightly until it shifts, and then flat to the floor again.

I removed my speed limiter by cutting one of the speed sensor wires to the ECT. not the ecu

The information was supplied to me by the shop I purchased the engine off.
They gave me copys of all the pinouts of the wiring loom, I could look it up but as we all know it won't be the same in a different model.
And ofcourse I have a seperate computer for both engine and trans, It's not all in the one box

I have got the car over 200 kph and was shocked when it changed in to 4th at about 170-180.
Not the sorta thing you think is gonna happen at that speed

I have got the car over 200 kph and was shocked when it changed in to 4th at about 170-180.

haha, yeah, changing to 4th at about 180km/hr, kinda like "wtf just happened" and then the speed cut hit, and I thought I'd killed it :p

I removed my speed limiter by cutting one of the speed sensor wires to the ECT. not the ecu

The information was supplied to me by the shop I purchased the engine off.
They gave me copys of all the pinouts of the wiring loom, I could look it up but as we all know it won't be the same in a different model.
And ofcourse I have a seperate computer for both engine and trans, It's not all in the one box

PLEASE SHOW US HOW?:sgrin:

Like Loroh said It's different on differnet models,

On the crown engine's it's easy but you lose cruze control also,

Even if I told you which wire to cut, you might have a different model and cut something that you need.

I only know my model of engine which is a UZS131 Crown

The place to do it is inside the ECU , there is a jump swich in there , on the Soarers you add a wire , on the Celsiors you cut the wire as it's already jumped .

Attachments

• lc 1.JPG
    lc 1.JPG
    210.4 KB · Views: 68
  • lc 2.JPG
    lc 2.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 60
  • lc 3.JPG
    lc 3.JPG
    177.1 KB · Views: 59