Smaller Oil filter for Hilux Conv cars.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

webbie

Well as most of us who have done this conversion (mainly on IFS) found that the standard Z418 oil filter is just that little bit too long. So after days of hunting and searching (actually 2 hours on the net) I have found one.

Heres the specs.

Z418

Seam OD 77.00 mm
Seam HT 85.00 mm
Gasket ID 64.00 mm
Gasket OD 72.00 mm
Relief Valve
Anti Drain
Thread 3/4" X 16UNF

Z314

Seam OD 81.00 mm
Seam HT 76.00 mm
Gasket ID 60.30 mm
Gasket OD 70.30 mm
Relief Valve
Anti Drain
Thread 3/4" X 16UNF

This one is about 10mm smaller in height and fits nicely and clears the front sus member and can be fitted without any problems and leaves about 10-15mm clearance. Cant see clearance in the photo - sorry.

It's actually off a Renault of some sort - but I dont care cos it fits and I paid $18 at REPCO - trade & about $28 RRP (Aust dollars)

Hope this helps a few people.

Cheers.

Ryco z125 is 80mm diameter, overall length 75mm, length from seal face to outer corner is 68mm. If you are going to use a z125 make sure you only buy a Ryco as the seal sizes are different between brands.

Its not the seam OD that you have to be concerned with, its the gasket OD/ID

Seam OD 80.00 mm
Seam HT 76.00 mm
Gasket ID 53.80 mm
Gasket OD 63.80 mm
Relief Valve
Anti Drain
Thread 3/4" X 16UNF

As you can see, the gasket OD of the Z125 is actually smaller than the gasket ID of the Z418. It literally only has about 2mm seated on the filter housing and by a few reports (as well as my own) it leaks after a very short while.

Hope this helps people.

Cheers.

Maybe that is why I recommended the Ryco brand specifically . Did you check the sizes on that one. Other brands I looked at were different sizes. The seal on the ryco is 65.3OD 56.5ID. The Ryco filters I have been using for the last 12 months have not leaked.

i have oil filters for 1uz into hiluxes theyre 20 bucks

theyre tiny and i have used them many times on my hilux

if u goto my website u can see a pic

Webbie,

It looks like your filter is tucked up in there pretty nicely. Mine hangs down pretty far - is there some special mount you used?

Here's mine:
Standshot%20004%20(Medium).jpg

Im doing a 98 IFS hilux atm, using majesta 1uz like yours and filter would need to be 50mm long to fit cebby, you need the remote mount crown one, or aftermarket remote mount, the lexus one is just too close to the chassis, also mid sump fits better than front sump like you have

hi-lex said:
also mid sump fits better than front sump like you have

Thanks for the info on the oil filter. A relo is probably the way to go.

I had read a front sump was the better fit that's why I got it. My project is a 93 with IFS.

I had been told the same but steering track rod is right in the middle of the sump, aussie 98s use basically the same chassis as pre 95 pickups appaerently because the tacoma chassis wasnt strong enuf for us aussies I reakon its just that we always get old leftover junk, front sump is perfect for 2wd as I just swapped one into my 2wd and used mid sump for the 4wd, if you use a ford filter relocate then you can still use toyota filter as seal/thread size is the same...

There's a light blue Surf on here somewhere that retained the IFS and used a front sump. I can't remember his username though. He has a pic of the sump and center link (all I copied from the web were engine bay shots). He just had to change the steering stabilzer to a clamp on mount and I think he was also running a body lift. I have a 25mm bodylift now, but would install a 50mm if needed.

Here's the member - it was Twisty_toy94.

abh.sized.jpg

abr.sized.jpg

Webbie,

It looks like your filter is tucked up in there pretty nicely. Mine hangs down pretty far - is there some special mount you used?
Mate, it's a bit of a catch 22, cos yes you do need the front sump AND the remote oil filter, but neither car has both. So you need to either buy the front sump and pay for the oil remote mount or vise versa.

I too have a 50mm body lift and I needed it to get the auto in (going from man to auto) and it certainly helped for a very little cost. Here's the crown oil filter setup.

Cheers

Webbie,

Try to swap the front mount filter for a rear mount.

I know Cobra has a spare rear mount and I also have a spare rear mount.

Zuffen,

I think you ment to say that to Cebby, cos i already have the rear mount oil filter and front mount sump.

Madmount,

Those specs that I put in were from the RYCO website. So on paper, the Z125 is too small, that's why I hunted for a more suited one.

Cheers.

i just went and measured one of the filters

they are 56mm thick

diameter and thread matches toyota 1uz

they dont have a ryco number

webbie how did you fit front sump? did you move motor/gearbox forward lots? a mid sump fits waaaay easier just needs section out of diff side and relocale drain, and 1" spacer to move box forward, sorry for hijacking thread an heading in other direction but while I got everyones attention

Hi-lex,

I actually move the engine/gearbox BACK 35mm! No cutting to sump, relocating - nothing. Fitted in perfectly (if there such a thing in conversions :) Mid sump hit right in the middle of the diff, front sump clears it. Read my post below with pics of front versus mid sump.

http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2674

I probably have more photos/info if you want, just let me know.

Cheers.