sloppy steering

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

erik.wyatt1

hey gang,

over the last couple of months my steerin feel on my 1991 ls400 has gotten really sloppy. my fluids are good, had the car aligned and its still acting up. i know on gm cars there is a sensor in the column that if it goes bad, alot of artificial feel from the steering wheel is felt.
question being does a 91 ls400 have this sensor? or could it be a rack and pinion? how do i test the rack and pinion?
-thanks

I have a uz31 air bagged 92 soarer which was all over the road. The wheel turned 45 degrees before the car did. and it was almost impossible to drive, throwing me to the left or right without notice, then me over correctin to compensate. It was a nightmare that was instantly sorted by replacing the bushes holding secure the steering rack. Myoriginal ones had completly perished and were basically non existant. I also got the upper and lower control amr bushes replaced. (LCR = Lower Control Arm Bushes)

This was at quite a cost ($1100 Aus) but it now handles like a new car and I would fully reccomend it for the re-sale value alone. There was no way Icould sell my car in the condition it was in but now I don't think it wouls be a problem at all.

I have a uz31 air bagged 92 soarer which was all over the road. The wheel turned 45 degrees before the car did. and it was almost impossible to drive, throwing me to the left or right without notice, then me over correctin to compensate. It was a nightmare that was instantly sorted by replacing the bushes holding secure the steering rack. Myoriginal ones had completly perished and were basically non existant. I also got the upper and lower control amr bushes replaced. (LCR = Lower Control Arm Bushes)

This was at quite a cost ($1100 Aus) but it now handles like a new car and I would fully reccomend it for the re-sale value alone. There was no way Icould sell my car in the condition it was in but now I don't think it wouls be a problem at all.
the bushes holding secure the steering rack where do i buy this from im in bad need of one

I have never heard about a replacement for an LS but would be interested.

I would also recommend that you change your steering damper (45700-50011).

Attachments

• IMG_0917a.jpg
    IMG_0917a.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 4