sepintine tensioner bearing ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

DEAN S

can i replace the bearing on my outer 'SERPENTINE TENSIONER' or do i have to buy the whole unit which is$300. canadian?and the fan oil pump pullie which is mounted where the fan usually mounted on .the dealer here says its $1650. i damn near crapped my pants!:Flush:

thanx

seems odd that they cant/won't make a small bearing for that as apposed to selling the hydrol. fan pump /timing belt cover for $1600 canadian!:eek:mfg:

do you have the part # for the tensioner bearing?

WATCH OUT..........the securing 14mm bolt in the centre of the pulley has a left hand thread !!

Just had an interesting hour making the tensioner operate opposite to the way it was designed. I'm putting the power steering pump on the opposite side of the engine than normal but keeping the alternator where it normally sits. With the new belt path I needed to reverse the direction of tension applied by the tensioner....it can be done and reasonably easily.

Cheers,

Tony

another little problem!

when i removed the ignition rotors i did'nt note which way they were facing:Flush:
should the roter be facing #1 ignition wire "hey its been a long day !!!" any help with my thinking tonight would be greatly appreciated!
thanx

get friendly with a machinist, or take the unit to a machine place, they shouldn't charge that much to turn the unit into a normal bearing housing.

When the bearing inside my crown fan idler died it was a PITA to fix. Reason being that the webbed housing forms a cassette with the shaft and therefore has to be replaced as a unit.

The solution was simple.
Press the outer race through the housing.
Take an angle grinder to the casette housing and break the shaft free.
Find some bearings that will handle the load of the shaft and have suitable sealing ie a high speed seal.
Stick the shaft in the lathe and machine it down to the inside diameter required to get the bearings on.
Press the bearings on to the shaft and press the lot into the housing.
IF there is another bearing failure its as simple as pressing a bearing out and putting a new one in.

No $600 expense for a whole new housing.

thanks peewee! thats what happens to me when haven't slept in 23 hours,i turn into a complete idiot!i woke up and had my morning fix of coffee and it hit me :approve: .and yes i got your other post man:redface:
thanks again

Peewee said:
Nope.
They have a keyway stopping them from being installed upside down.
When you change a cambelt you will also find that when the cam pulleys are correctly aligned with the timing marks on the front of the block the rotors should be pointing to two notches on the aluminium distributor cap housings.

With a keyway and a notch to aim for these japanese engineers think of everything!

Cheers,

Tony