Project Thread SC470TT (VVTi) Twin Turbo Lexus SC400 with 4.7L Toyota Tundra Engine

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Looking great David! Looks like you still have plenty of room for the radiator and fans? It'll be interesting to see how the intercooler return pipe to the TB fits in there.

Thanks John and Scott, I eliminated the AC condensor and I install two 14" electric fans in place of that. So the fans will be pushing instead of pulling. That will yield another 2" to 2.5" of space between the radiator and the turbo parts (mainly wastegates)

There still plenty to do. The VVTi is a tallter engine and I also believe it is little wider too. Perhaps 1/4" or so.

Steve is the man you can always depend on. SC470 will be a long until finish but it is getting there. Car is painted and interior is done. All it needs now is to start.

Got the battery relocated in the CD play position. I got a smaller Optima Red Top with 720 CCA. That should be enough to start the standard SC400 motor. I dont plan to run any major electronics so what I have is suffecient. I ran the + wire under the frame and stablized with clamps. The meriting point is near the fender with protective cover.

I also have to re-route the radiator hoses. I used mild steel (I have them laying around in my place) They will be coated but not sure what doing to be. I also installed some intercooler pipes but still need to make the final intake pipe. My original intake pipe was made for the first gen 1UZFE (side inlet) Please see some pictures:

I also installed the drive shaft along with transmission support. I have to custom made the linkage. The TH400 shift parts are on the left side and SC is on the right side. For some reasons, the VVTi is little wider and it is causing me some headaches. Things are lot tighter then previous mock fit.

As for electronic and harness the 1998 plug right up to the stock 1995 SC400 except for two plugs. We will find out if those plugs really work properly.

Things To Do:
* Finish making inlet pipe
* Oil return hoses
* Oil Dipstick
* Trans dipstick
* Trans oil cooling lines
* Lower suspension parts
* Interior Parts.
* Wiring/Tune.

I spent few hours looking for fitting today. Went 4 facility and finally found something that I can use. Install the turbo oil return fittings with 5/8 high temp hose. I also use the thermosleeves on the return lines for thermo protection. I also installed the oil feed line too and worked on the intercooler pipes from the turbos. Things are looking good. I will be heading to a local header shop and pick up some 3" mild U Bends and 45 bends for the intake inlet pipe. I will be spending 5-7 hours tomorrow on the car.

Dropped off my intake pipes and radiator pipes for powder coating and it was supposely be ready by last Saturday but it will be today. I ordered some silicone couplers but they are little too big. So I reordered the correct sizes. So this week should be some interesting pictures. Once those pipes are in I will need to finish off the followings:
* Redo TH400 Dip Stick
* Run Tran oil cooler lines
* Mod shift linkage
* Order a 1998-2000 SC400 throttle cable (92-97 is too short)
* Finish Alternator bracket relocation
* Exhaust reconnection
* Wiring/tune
* Interior reinstallation.

I will post some pictures when the parts installed. Slowly but surely... one thing at a time.

Update: I got my pipes earlier this afternoon. I was very disappointed for the shop that welded and grinded my intake pipe. The grinding looks extremely UGLY. Rough edges and it is just an eye sore. I am regrind it again tonight and take it back to the shop and have them redo my pipe again.

Ok,

Got the pipes back today. Installed them along with the BOV. The pipes are powder coated matted black. I also install some fittings for the wastegates and get them ready. Ran the transmission oil coolant lines. Here are some pictures... Enjoy...

Last edited:
thats perty right there!!
and its almost exactly what i wanna do!
i thank you for doing it first though, just incase i have questions when doing mine!! keep it up! im so interested on what kinda numbers this is gunna make!!

Yeah Steve, The word ALMOST is also infront of it too....

Here is couple more pictures. One of them is to show the BOV. It is in a somewhat discret location.

Nice plumbing Dave!! I noticed the alternator is in front of the motor? INteresting relocation. Can't wait toi see it running. Especially hear that BOV.

Ryan

Attachments

• P291108_13.35[01].JPG
    P291108_13.35[01].JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 295
  • P291108_13.36.JPG
    P291108_13.36.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 286
  • P291108_13.35.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 286
  • P291108_13.37.JPG
    P291108_13.37.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 284
  • P291108_13.38.JPG
    P291108_13.38.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 282
  • P291108_13.37[01].JPG
    P291108_13.37[01].JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 285
  • P291108_13.34.JPG
    P291108_13.34.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 282
Yeah Steve, The word ALMOST is also infront of it too....

Here is couple more pictures. One of them is to show the BOV. It is in a somewhat discret location.

That's like the Miss Right that many of us married, except at the time we didn't know her middle name was "Always".

Can't wait to hear the beast run, David.