Project Thread SC470TT (VVTi) Twin Turbo Lexus SC400 with 4.7L Toyota Tundra Engine

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Gents,

Got my 800 cc injectors today. They are direct bolt on. I will install this weekend I hope. I didnt want to mod any fuel parts so I was looking for direct drop in.

Attachments

• IMG_1140.JPG
    IMG_1140.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 4
Gents,

Got my 800 cc injectors today. They are direct bolt on. I will install this weekend I hope. I didnt want to mod any fuel parts so I was looking for direct drop in.
880 cc injectors! That's almost double of my 460 cc injectors! Make sure your engine will double the hp of my engine. :D Nice...

My wife still has 4 free tows left from AAA and I used two of them yesterday because our Auto Club Premier Membership expires in a week. Towed my car to a local muffler shop to connect and make some custom pipes and a dual cat (two in and two out 2.5") The front two cats were deleted and replaced with the mid cat. I don't have any pictures because I didn't pick up the car. I can take some pictures. Looks like few more things and then trying to book a time with a tuner to help me wire up the harness and standalone.

Things to do:
Shift Linkage
Alternator Mounting
Extend Secondary O2 Sensor Wires
Proper Serpertine Belt length
Wiring
Tune
Fire up.

Attachments

• IMG_1179.JPG
    IMG_1179.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1181.JPG
    IMG_1181.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
Just want to give you guys some updates. Here is what has been done for the past week:
* VVTi Throttle cable installed (If you guys thinking about swap to VVTi motor, throttle cable is a must)
* Relocation of alternator with proper belt size along modified alternator harness
* Installed front bumper

Things to do:
* Upgrade to Supra MKIV TT 3 rows aluminum radiator. I got it from http://www.sonicmotor.com/category_s/4535.htm. Jim is the owner and extremely cool with 5 star service. Highly recommend this place.
The stock 95 SC400 has remote reservior tank and radiator cap. I am having trouble fitting it into the engine package. Too much work to mod, so I decided to get an upgrade and it has a build in radiator cap. Most aftermarket radiator doesnt come with cap, but Megan does. That itself save me at least $20-25 dollars already.

Since this radiator doesnt have intergrated transmission cooler, so I would need to get one seperately.

I will try to fire up the engine with stock ecu and maf and see if it would turn. Perhaps in a week or so. Here are some pictures

Attachments

• IMG_1188.JPG
    IMG_1188.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1192.JPG
    IMG_1192.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1191.JPG
    IMG_1191.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Awesome progress there David. Can't wait to hear it run and see some dyno figures.

Looks like you may need some turbo heat shields or coatings....

John,
The pipes and turbo turbines are ceramic coated. However, if fund allow I would like to get a set of turbo blankets (turbo Sleeves). We will see. I spent another couple of hours install the new Megan 3 row radiator. Luckily the hose connections were direct fit. The bottom sitting is little different but still work out ok.

The reservior tank is current located on the right side near the headlight. So far that is the best place for it. The Megan MKIV radiator comes with 1.1 bar cap. Here are some pictures...

Attachments

• IMG_1194.JPG
    IMG_1194.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1199.JPG
    IMG_1199.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1196.JPG
    IMG_1196.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 16
David, looking great. Looking forward to "hearing" it run!

Your alternator relocation is a nice piece of engineering. That said it is still something to work around and the heat from the turbos is a factor.

Idea: what about running an alternator with an SC400s hydraulic fan drive? I am unsure of the power capacity of the fan drive or the speeds available but it just might work. That would allow "alternate" alternator placement out of the way... heck nearly anywhere.

Thanks John. Are you saying to use the hydraulic pump to power the alternator?. So I would need two pumps. One from the engine and one to convert the hydraulic engine into rotational energy? Interesting idea.

David,
You'll also need to wrap up those turbos and pipings. The ceramic coating is for reducing the heat, but it's not for completely eliminating the heat. My single oven already causes me too much headache, and now you have two ovens. :eek: The heat will expand and cause more heat when it's trapped under the hood. It's just like virus until you suppress it.

Since the new Megan 3 row aluminum radiator doesnt has oil cooler. So I got an independent transmission oil cooler. I was debating where to put this 12 x 6 x 2 inhes. Some of the options wee behind the intercooler but somehow it just didnt work out. I test fit with the bump on and there is plenty of room for this oil cooler. The cooler is mounted to the front bumper beam and to the frame. Very stable. I need to get some custom made hoses with AN fittings. Noticed the cooler is mounted upside down. This configuration allows me to mount up higher for clearance and ease of access. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_1223.JPG
    IMG_1223.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1224.JPG
    IMG_1224.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1225.JPG
    IMG_1225.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited: