SC400 Mssfire, possible AFM issue?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

spf_lexus

So I left my sc400 parked in my driveway, with the hood cracked a couple inches during a 4 day rain storm. I fired the car up today and noticed the idle sucks and it misses like crazy. My entire ignition system is brand new OEM w/ iridium plugs. I swapped AFM's from my 91' LS400 (which I know works fine) and the same ugly idle comes back. When I unplug the AFM the idle is perfect. I havent tried driving it like this yet but free revving was very strong and snappy. Im not worried about melted cats and CEL's so is there any real downside to driving it like this?

I thought the AFM was wet but the spare was FOR SURE dry...

My only other idea would be my fuse box relocation. I moved the box to mount my supercharger and I had to create a longer main lead to the box. I just used 4 gauge copper amp wire and crimped a ring terminal. Could this choice of wire also be a cause?

I just drove it 120 miles to david's house and it ran like a champ. Same idle, same mpg and same power but I swear it runs BETTER than w/ the afm.

I guess i'll give the sensor a couple days to dry out before plugging it back in.

In all honesty, I would rather just ditch the restrictive maf housing and run a straight pipe for some extra flow. Would I be looking at any possible dangers when I run my blower w/o the air sensor?

Ok, problem solved. Popped my hood to find my bare fuse box shorting to my supercharger bracket. No damage except for a slightly melted corner of the box. Looks like tomorrow im going to have to bolt this sucker down somehow. I have about a 1/2 inch of room if properly secured, which should be plenty.