SC400 Mod question?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibby

Hey guys, I have a question for you all? I am in the process of installing headers on my 1992 sc400 and I was thinking while I have the engine exposed I might as well seek out some internal mods for the engine. The question is what mod's can I do to the internals of the 4.0L V8 motor that won't require me lifting out the block? I was thinking along the lines of the kelford cams or something? Forged pistons and rods will come later when I decide to bore out this block. I have plans for a second block project.

The car is currently running a nos system, and I will look to introduce a air forced induction application to this same motor after boring and building. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Guesses are welcome too.

Well fellas, I am about to order the 207-T1 kelford cams but man they are pricy. Kevin over at Kelford cams stated a 40hp gain which is nice for the 4 cams. Also the 207-T1 cams are nos/turbo and piggyback ECU friendly. The dagger is with shipping you are looking at $1500 USD. That is a alot of money for 40hp but I am so tempted, what do you guys think is it worth the money and time?

Low boost where is the hp gains noticed with the new cams at top end or low end or through out? I am guessing based on the performance cams I have done on small block chevy's most was at top end, high rpm's. 80hp for 3K, that is a lot of mula, well with speed comes a price! That is for sure.