Sc400 auto prob

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ftruckn

Hey guys I've got a 1uz and 4spd auto from a sc400 in my hilux with a b&m shifter and stage 2 valvebody.

Problem is 1st gear, it won't select it through the shifter properly it will kick in at different times and just back it down from 2nd at random times.

Also won't kickdown in normal drive position to 1st.

I don't have the kickdown switch hooked up or the speed signal. Would this be the problem? Or a mechanical problem

cheers

It's amazing what the kickdown switch does
U should give it a try
Also those aftermatrket shifters are a pain to get perfect
Make sure u have 12v to 1st wire when in 1st
And same in 2nd on 2nd pin
This helps when u put shifter in those gears

Was the first bit scarcasm? You said in one of your other replys the kickdown switch did fark all.

B&m is set up spot on and valve bodys great, just had this problem since day dot

cheers.

I must have posted that many years ago
But I have found these days some ecus if they don't kick down
To 1st from 3rd when your doing about 30 kph
Then kickdown switch nomally cures it
Not sure on the other probs u need to check
The inhibitor wire signals to the ecu

Ok I hooked up the kickdown switch and noticed changes through shifts in the D position, but 1st is still a problem, I can get it to go into 1st but at unpredictable times once I've put the shifter into 1st position, but my main problem is as soon ad I stomp on the accelerator is shifts straight away into 2nd out of 1st.

Any ideas?

sounds like u got speed signal problems if it changes up gears to quickly
or some other problem with tps which is unlikely as that section should not be touched
is the hilux 4wd

id double check auto inhibitor wiring if the speed signals are correct
take it back to whoever wired it and plug a scanner onto it and see what ecu is doing

Ok I hooked up the kickdown switch and noticed changes through shifts in the D position, but 1st is still a problem, I can get it to go into 1st but at unpredictable times once I've put the shifter into 1st position, but my main problem is as soon ad I stomp on the accelerator is shifts straight away into 2nd out of 1st.

Any ideas?

Transmission cable needs adjusting, sounds like it's too tight.

Bushwaker you are spot on I loosened it completely off and it's perfect, I had tried loosening it but one more turn made the different, thanks guys