SC4 2jz tt vs Stillen Supercharge G35

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
...I drove my boss C6 Z06 with cams, headers, and tune making 505rwhp. That thing is a real beast, but too bad it have crappy traction due too much power. So when I got my upgrades I might be able to catch him when he loses traction lol...
I think the new Z06 makes 100 more hp than the old Z06. I used to mean the old Z06.

I also drove a newer Z06 Vette...The first gear was very impressive and long... I like the ride and it's power and that one I drove was completely stock... A little bit faster then my SC400 under the full nitrous especially in the upper gears...

James, They handle pretty well too... I think the Z06 that I drove had limited traction control if I can't remember correctly because I know I didn't just spin out when I punched it from a stop.......

You know fellas you can get a standard C6 Vette for half the money and then fit a ready made turbo kit on it for a couple of grand... They sell every kind of performance upgrades for the Vette's it's not even funny... Save a boat load of money and end up with the same fast product in the end...

If you can't beat them join them that's my way of thinking..

Yeah, They do handle pretty well but my point is that they do have some traction issue due to soo much grunt the motor output. But that is what American muscle car is all about. Sound to me like you really want to get the Vette John. I know they are a great car and have good stock horse power. But I don't think modding them are cheap. Regardless of Domestic or Imports modding to make more HP is never cheap. Turbo kit, supercharger kit, tune and support mods can ran up to 10K easy for the corvette. I know that for a fact because my boss spends 5K just for headers, cams and tune for his ZO6.

*** Oh yeah, I just have a chance to do a run with him when we are heading to the car meet on sunday. It was around 6am on there was no one on the 101 freeway around Calabassas area. The ZO6 just bunch it from doing around 60mph roll. I took off after him and he was like a truck length ahead :smileeek:. I close up the gap as we reach 120mph and he let off. We go from 60mph to 120mph a couple of time and I was no match for him. Man, I feel under powered against those beast. Need to boost more:crying:

James, your right when trying to modify the LS7 motors.. However, the LS1's can be still be modified for fairly cheap in comparison... Cams, single and twin turbo kits also...Superchargers I am not sure about... Not 10 grand if you can do alot of the work yourself either...

I don't know if I am in love with the newer Vette's but I must say I like the performance aspect of the Vette's and there untapped potential to absolutely rip.. Looks can go either way for me honestly... However, I really like the looks of some of the older vintage Vettes... The new Z07's looks nice to me too...

You know fellas you can get a standard C6 Vette for half the money and then fit a ready made turbo kit on it for a couple of grand... They sell every kind of performance upgrades for the Vette's it's not even funny... Save a boat load of money and end up with the same fast product in the end...

If you can't beat them join them that's my way of thinking..

To me, it's not just about how fast you can go, or how much HP you can make. Any moron with half a brain and a 5-6 figure bank account can go fast with a 'vette, but he'll be completely clueless what's under his hood. My area of Houston is chockablock full of people like this.

But to build a car that has an engine with half the displacement that'll beat the socks off a 'vette both on the dragstrip and the twisties, is a real accomplishment and shows some panache.
'Vettes are for
crossjerk.gif
and elefant.gif

IMO of course, hehehe

... But I don't think modding them are cheap. Regardless of Domestic or Imports modding to make more HP is never cheap. Turbo kit, supercharger kit, tune and support mods can ran up to 10K easy for the corvette. I know that for a fact because my boss spends 5K just for headers, cams and tune for his ZO6....
I agree. Modding those requires big bucks. The stock Vette is fast, but it'll be really fun when I only spend 1/4 of its price for my SC and still be able to hang with them.

To me, it's not just about how fast you can go, or how much HP you can make. Any moron with half a brain and a 5-6 figure bank account can go fast with a 'vette, but he'll be completely clueless what's under his hood. My area of Houston is chockablock full of people like this.

But to build a car that has an engine with half the displacement that'll beat the socks off a 'vette both on the dragstrip and the twisties, is a real accomplishment and shows some panache.
'Vettes are for
crossjerk.gif
and elefant.gif

IMO of course, hehehe

LOL.... Love what you said cribbj. It is true though. Any jackoff with a big enough wallet can make their car fast or just buy a fast car. But building your own car to keep up with them or even beat them is sure hell more fun. Plus , you get to see how piss off they are when they know how much your car cost compare to them.

I think something like this will make those Vett owner drool and pissed at the same time when they get beat by a 13 year old beater.

I think I hear sour grapes by you guys... It's mostly all about going fast and beating the competition in the moment.. I don't care if it's a Vette, Porsche, Merc AMG or a Pinto.. If it's fast it's fast and everyone should appreciate that....

John, The Vette's do well on the twisty's too... Now the only reason I would not like to own a vette is because of it's generic looks and it also does carry a certain lame mystic to me...Also everyone knows the newer Vette's and Z06's are fast...No sleeper aspect or suprise to it like some of the boosted cars on this forum... That can be said about the Merc AMG's, Porcshe Turbo's, etc..too....

However, until you sit in a (Z06), and ot a built C6...You shouldn't knock it... The LSx motors are fine motors that are proven to perform over most others and that is probably why it is the most commonly swapped and desired motor to put in built cars made to go fast.. To shoot that down would be flat out ignorant...

Am I Right or wrong in saying that? You can shoot down the looks of the Vette's but not those power plants...

I think people hate the Vette's so much because they always get beat by them... That's my take..

I like all cars that rip....

No body shooting down Vette's or any other fast car out there John. It's a fast car period. Driving new Vette's , AMG, Porsche etc.. people will know you have a fast car and money. But it just lack the inspiration that these car come quick out of the factory. My point is it is more fun building a unique car that can match these monster.
LS'x motor are a great motor. I'm planning to swap it into an RX7 FD in my future project car since I'm almost done with my SC. You should swap the LS motor into your SC. That would be a unique fast ride.

BTW I drove my boss C6 Z06 and love it. It's a true neck snapping power. That thing sure Hall A**.

LOL...I'll surely buy you a beer if you drive a Pinto, even a fast Pinto.

Steve, you are a funny guy...I may take you up on that beer...Searching for Pinto now on Ebay...An LS7 powered Pinto what do you think?:beerchug:

James, I hear you my brother... So you felt the neck jerking power of the Z06, not bad hey???? Actually my SC400 under the nos has that same neck jerking power, but the difference is my car has let off after the first couple of gears as when the Z06 does not..

I am all about sleepers and projects as that is the real fun in it..Much better then spending a 100 grand on new sportscar and saying look at me now... Night and day..