Saying Goodbye to the Big 3?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Now, it might be a regional thing, but how many Euro/Japanese trucks can haul a 12000 pound loaded trailer? And I'm not talking about commercial trucks, I'm talking about average, consumer based trucks. I'd be lucky if my 4Runner could tow 1500 pounds and still be able to pull on flat ground in 4th....

Eric

Probably none, I dont think many Euro/Japanese have momma's that weigh over 12000 poiunds.

Sorry couldnt help myself. :eek:uttahere:

I drove the Prius at work for a week.. It went through heaps of fuel if you push them!! If you drive like Ms Daisy ?? Yes and let the elect engine work. They can be economical.. From what I hear, Toyota actually loose money on these cars...

Top Gear the British tv show had a fuel consumption comparison between a Prius and a m3 4litre v8 BMW. The Prius was driven hard around their track followed by the BMW. The Prius returned 17.2mpg while the BMW returned 19.4mpg.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=MXPCckjTMVg

Was the Falcon on Petrol ? They run very well on LPG..
Are you seriously saying he has a Prius as a Taxi ??
Aha no multi booking ...

UAW Killed the Big Three and many more company associated with union. Why are we paying $75 per hour for a $25 dollar per job? I know a friend just stacking soda in a warehouse getting pay $45 per hour. Unions kill businesses.

Have you been to India and China? no Unions kill people. There must be a middle ground.

The daily production of the Ford F150 placed end to end streches 2 1/2 miles. The amazing thing is people drive around in these big trucks with the tail gate down to save fuel.... This is the mentality that needs to be broken.

It's simple, the US government needs to tax the tail pipe. This will change US national fuel consumption within 12 months, people find that it's more comfortable to go to the shops and drop the kids off to school in a normal 4 cylinder car.

The government will have to back hand the big three to stop mass un employment but they will need to raise the funds from somewhere.

Get ready for the tail pipe tax.

Good luck.

Here's the pitiful article from 1 of those big 3 supporters wrote: http://editorial.autos.msn.com/listarticle.aspx?cp-documentid=786706. The reason I pity this writer is because he said GM outsold Toyota by 1.2 million cars. The writer was afraid to put up the truth about how Toyota made profits over GM, and the numbers of cars GM has been making within a period comparing to Toyota. For example (not actual number), let's say if GM built 10 millions and sold 7 million cars. Toyota built 7 millions and sold 5.8 million cars. The percentage of cars that GM sold is 70%. The percentage of cars Toyota sold is 82%. This concept could be true, but the writer didn't bring that up.

However, here's another article saying Toyota actually sold 9.37 million cars while GM sold 9,369,524 million cars. http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/23/gm-releases-global-sales-numbers-for-2007-in-dead-heat-with-toy/

I hate it when media writers intentionally lead the public to the wrong belief for his/her agendas.

Well, I would accept the idea of the government to give loan to the big 3, but I didn't see any posted conditions what the big 3 should do in order to receive the loan. I don't want to see $13.4 billions go out the window or go into the CEOs' pockets. That's my tax and yours, too. I don't want to see the big 3 die and create a big impact on the current poor economy.

The problem is not even so much of the money going to the CEO's its the employes and formar employes... They are way over paid for what they do, not to mention the benifits that they reek... I have several family members that work and have worked for GM and I can honestly say, Its rediculous what they get and the still bitch.... Example, all of thier benifits like health ins. and so on, are 100% paid by the company not a dime out of pocket... More to the example, my uncle is 52 and retired from GM, his retirement package / pention is still 100% paid benifits like health care, on top of that he get about $4000 a month... The funniest thing was I went to the the Saturn plant in Spring Hill, TN and saw what he did before he retired. He inspected door panels as they came down the line.. He and the other that did that job we complaining that the $30hr that they were paid was not enough.... Im thinking "Hell, I'd do that job for $15hr and you'll are bitching that $30 is not enough on top of the fact that everything else is paid for you!!!!!"

That is why they are going bankrupt... I say let 'em! Its thier own fault....

big 3

I worked for GM for 6 mo and saw the impact the UAW had on the blue collar workers. The union simply had too much power. In effect the workforce in the big 3 is a monopply and should be brokenup. If they want to be unionized, fine, but like anti-trust lasw, there ought to be better provision in place to prevent that much power placed into the hands of 1 union, besides the free market. So in this way I' pro union, but non pro 1 union with a stranglehold on american car companies. The UAW needs to take another concession in benefits or there may be no jobs at all. That needs to be in a provision for the loan and there should be interest, penalties, etc as with ay other loan u or I take and it should be paid back in a agreed upon time period. Letting them fail will teach a lesson to america, but it will also drag those who had nothing to do with it dowen with them. We dont have the luxury of being in the same boat with a hole in one end and thinking only one side of the boat will sink.

Attachments

• IMG_0903 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0903 (Medium).JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 14
From what I see Ford is the company that's better off than the other two..
Seems they saw this coming way sooner..
My brother has the Holden Monaro / Pontiac GTO in U.S .. Everyone asks what sort of car it is ??
Like this one.. Aussie version..
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/370158/holden_gto_coupe/
As there is little to no advertising on this car in U.S.. Seems to me they [G.M] have internal politics that don't like imported cars from their own brand..
The thing is it's just not the big three, other companies are doing it tough also..

I have a friend with to Masters worked for GM. He told me the guy without any college education who clean the floor made more money then him. I believe UNION WILL KILL AMERICA! If I am the CEO of GM, I would first get rid of union and restructure the business model. Strike? I afraid not. Those workers need work and loyalty can go so far. I beat there will be a huge line waiting for job application.

I think the new Toyota Tundra's can get it done, no?

10800 lbs on the new tundras. There's at least one guy on tundrasolutions forums who uses a fifth wheel hitch (I think that's what it's called) to tow much, much more. The trucks are really overbuilt for their class. 10.5 inch ring gear on the rear diff, wheel bearings sizes found on 3/4 and 1 ton trucks, 14" rotors with 4 piston calipers, etc. I have not towed much with mine, but when I did, it was like there wasn't even a trailer behind me.

union

I have a friend with to Masters worked for GM. He told me the guy without any college education who clean the floor made more money then him. I believe UNION WILL KILL AMERICA! If I am the CEO of GM, I would first get rid of union and restructure the business model. Strike? I afraid not. Those workers need work and loyalty can go so far. I beat there will be a huge line waiting for job application.
Like anything else including a plant or animal cell, the government, the UAW union, or haliburton, when organization become too large and amass too much power abnd concentrate it it in one venue in one parties interest, that becomes the prob. Notice that all the above work fine when not too powerful, or not too large. Unions won't kill america, Unions that are allowed to become too powerful such that they strangle corporations until nothing is left to siphon money off of..thats what kills america. The Ceos need to be fired because the money they make isn't based on performance nor is it based on company profit and based on the situation these companies are in they should get a paycut or be terminated. If the workers are being blamed for making to much money why shouldnt the guy on top, who actually is responsible for the direction of the company be held responsible.