New Member saying Hi

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lee Jones

Greetings!

I'm Lee from England, got a 1991 V8 Soarer (SC400) uzz30, so no air suspension, good old coils.

Got some servicng to do to the car, belts, plugs, leads etc, then LCA bushes, TT brake upgrade, stick a couple of shims in the gearbox to smarten up the slush box a little.

Long term plans (dreams) would be to turbo the beast, thinking of a low boost 7-8psi job, but I know that would end up not being enough ;-)

This looks like the place to gather all of the info as there are currently only a handfull of supercharged Soarers in the UK and to my knowledge no turbo'd V8's, plenty of TT's though.

Here's a couple of pics
2006_0506Image0003.jpg
2006_0729Image0017.jpg
2006_0729Image0020.jpg

Hello Lee,

Welcome to our forum. By the time you finish reading all the posts and threads I am sure you will be brave enough to turbo your car. Nice pictures by the way...

ahhh the black sc, allways looks sleak- nice rims as well
now what u need to do is put the power that car needs-TURBO:Eyecrazy: is the way to go, but out there they do supercharged sc m90- and i have one by the way, nice to have i new member

wow, amazing pictures, you have an incredible looking car.. welcome to the site.

Thanks guys, the car is actually green not black, wish it was black. The rims were on the car when i got it last December, need to be wider on the rear but they don't do these rims any wider so i will need to change all 4.

Anyone ever used the CT26 turbo off of a MK3 Supra Turbo (7M-GTE)?

ya, the 2nd picture shows the color well, you have some talent as a photographer.. any thoughts on what rims you plan on putting on it? All the talk I have heard of CT26 is about using two of em, a search on this site should reveal quite a bit.

Thanks guys, the car is actually green not black, wish it was black. The rims were on the car when i got it last December, need to be wider on the rear but they don't do these rims any wider so i will need to change all 4.

Anyone ever used the CT26 turbo off of a MK3 Supra Turbo (7M-GTE)?
It's nice that you join us. We're currently having some turbo projects going on so hang in there. Supercharging or turbocharging are all nice, but many of us prefer to have a turbo system.

Actually, I am starting to think supercharging maybe the better choice if you want to stay under 400whp...With chargers you don't have all the reverse header moding, exhaust piping, intercooling, ECU management, etc..that goes into exhaust turbo's....Chargers are more practical and easy to setup in my opinion and others as well in comparison...Also no lag time needless to say..

The Superchargers just mount on the aftermarket intake manifold and line up with the belt drive system...No Exhaust mods needed....For us guys that have the aftermarket headers like S&S already installed ...To ditch all that for a turbo system kinda hurts...Chargers are simpler and can produce the power needed up to and within the stock holding HP limits....

I am really caught up between the two....I go back and forth and cannot decide.. I am just a lost lexus soul searching for ponies with the least amout of resistence and future problems to deal with...Nos provided that for a few years but is now playied out......What do you guys think?

THis topic is discussed time and time again.. Price wise the superchargers are not cheap...That is the other underminding factor that one must consider....You can save a few bucks by turbo charging and can produce more juice.....Sorry to share my on going delema....

ANyway Lee, nice car, but you got to do something about the skinnies...Those 8.5 skinnies drove me crazy for the longest time as it looked just girly when looking at the SC400 from the rear..Had to go 10.5's and now it looks manly.....Nothing like looking at fat tires on the back of these SC's..Better for traction and handling too.....

Don't wimp out Jibbs. Although the supercharger might be ideal for your kinda street racing with an automatic transmission. The turbo lag might drive you crazy whereas I can just pin the gas for my boost (when i get it installed =) and then drop the hammer.

Transmission setup and ease of installation (hehe or difficulty) are definitely factors. I wouldn't complain about either one. I have experience with turbos in a couple race cars I have built in the past so I'm partial towards them!

You need one of this:
supercharged-1uzfe%20006.jpg

and one of this:
05_Mustang_RightImage_Engine2_Large.jpg

To make this:
05Mustang_Dyno_Large.gif