SAFC On Stockish LS400 Worth It

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

INASNT

I had a SAFC on my other car before it got replaced with an Apexi PFC so I know the kind of features/advantages these units can give.

My question is will an safc on a stock 1990 V8 LS400 give me any better fuel economy/power etc?

Only engine mods besides the cosmetic mods I plan to do are basically cat back exhaust, CAI and maybe a minor little mod here and there if I get bored as this is my daily driver and I have my other car when i feel the need for power.

How would you expect to see power?

Maybe leaning out the fuel mixture at higher rpm?

If youw ant to see power the best unit is something that advances timing. That is what im attempting with the smt6 on several stock engines. Going to 94 octane and making a new timing curve for it. I have gotten 30whp gains on some vehicles in the past before I started S2S Tuning

Yes Japanese stock ecu's are known for running very rich high in the rev range, especially turbo ecu's.

I use 96 or 98 ron fuel here in aus depending on the price.

Whats the smt6?

94 octane = 98 RON.
You can lean out a bit under closed loop, to a small degree, but it won't gain much at all.

As they said, most Toyota's run very rich @ WOT.

SMT6 is a piggyback like the S-AFC but unlike the s-afc you can alter the timing as well. As most of the time you will see 3-5hp per degree of advance, but at the expense of coming closer to the detonation barrier. That is why i tune stock n/a vehicles that run with 87 octane to run on 94 and gain 15-30whp depending on the vehicle.

www.sea2skytuning.com has the info there. I am working on touching up the site more as well to show this kind of info.

normally really rich just because the stock ecu is aimed towards keeping your engine reliable and lest detonation prone no matter where you are.

Attachments

• mercedes_benz_e55_amg_02.jpg
    mercedes_benz_e55_amg_02.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 0
So there is definately some kw to be gained high in the rpm.

I used a SAFC in my skyline initially when it was stock and gained around 25rwkw overall with the safc.

my mixtures run about 10 to 1 or richer when i hit full throttle

usually doesnt matter what revs

*** ecus always run rich at full throttle

so when i want max power i slowly feed the throttle rather than hit it full of the mark

what spot do u get more timing from these

i have checked my 1uz with a scanner and the timing is pretty advanced most of the time

For a NA you can drop the a/f ratios to around 13:1 on full throttle to gain more kw high in the rpm range.