S/C 2UZFE build up advice/tips?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

XT-1

okay heres the scoop on this one, 13000 mile 2UZ (confirmed mileage) I was able to track down a S/C (TRD) for it and I seek wisdom from those who have more 2/1uz exp. ZUFFEN has mentioned to me that the rods are an issue (I know they are weak from reading up here) thats why TRD halted the sale of the S/C.

With that said should I do a pre-emptive strike and cough up the dough for 1uz rods? new? used? I am all about doing things right and if I have to take this apart to avoid any issues later I wont hesitate.

This engine conversion (FJ80) is going to be expected to go cross country and do it reliably. I am not looking to get 10's in the qaurter mile or race this (heh,heh,heh,) I know that a S/C does not do the motor any good as far as reliability goes but I am not increasing boost or hot rodding it any more than headers (TRD?) or whatever will fit snugly for my conv. and a free flowing exhaust.

anything you guys would add to this combo to keep everthying happy down the line ?

trans work? the tranny is going thru a LT230 Tcase which has a high range gear reduction that is 1.2to1 so it will have a very happy life but the S/C increased HP is what I am concerned about- they do buld these up for S/C use? (it is an A340E tranny,Tundra2wd)

Discuss.........

I just got an email from a member stating that he had just thrown one of his rods. Damaged his spark plug and valves too. You should swap out the standard 2uzfe rods with the early model Lexus rods for good insurance. You don't want to have fix the whole engine when your rod/s give up.

is fueling an issue? I hear different things about an 9th injector. not all kits have this from what i hear and i was wondering if that were an issue too

My inclination would be swap out the rods and add water/meth injection.

Used 1UZ rods would do the trick or some aftermarket rods like Pauter.

Consider a methanol/water injection setup, upstream of the SC. This will give you the benefit of intercooling, plus help with the fuel problem.

Edit: Sorry Rod I didn't notice you'd posted the same suggestion just before me (although the times are drastically different...) Great minds, eh?

I'm in the same boat as XT-1, I plan to install a TRD supercharger and planned to swap out rods with a set of aftermarket ones. What does a set of 1UZFE rods normally cost. I thought the 1UZFE have a shorter stroke?

Alos XT-1 is your 2UZFE an 03-04 model, if so TRD added a 10th injector to help give it more fuel. Even better if you have the funds check out URD they make a fuel management system http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=66_72&products_id=1260198049 that I think replace the TRD piggyback system. The URD seup is supposed to be much more efficient and alot more tuneable (I think thats a word), anyway this information isn't first hand, I've been told this by various people.