Running MegaSquirtn'Spark questions.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Philly#1 Lex

If I was to run the Megasquirtn'Spark setup, I already know of all the basic changes I will have to make to the 1UZ. The one question I do have would will I be able to keep the stock ECU in to control speedometer. What I am trying to ask is would the Stock ECU still control other functions besides fuel and spark without sending error codes or sending the engine into Limp mode? Thanks and tell me any negative or postives about Megasquirt? Thanks

megasquirt Pros:

cheap, DIY, decent hardware specs

Megasquirt Cons

headaches in setup, time required to get it right, finding a good tuner, cost/time involved in getting it as good as factory computer

If you arent prepared to spend a lot of time and effort or a lot of $$$, then megasquirt isnt really a good idea on a 1UZ-FE, especially in a car which has the 1uz from factory.
For a conversion, yeah why not try one.... or for a budget/simple engine for sure.....

I just think that effort is better spent elsewhere...

Dont get me wrong, the megasquirt is a good and well proven little DIY ecu.... but i wouldnt dare use a MS+spark on my crown.... but i'd give it a go on the celica.

How do you plan on using the megasquirt to control spark? Fuel would be fine but I couldn't find anyone that had made it work for spark on the 1uzfe.