Running cool

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Nightsabre

I am looking towards upgrading my 1994 SC400 and I've noted a few different pathways which I would be able to take. Most would go with intake/exhaust or forced induction upgrades but I would like to veer away from that. I realize there are countless amounts of upgrades available in the market which are able to both provide better power more efficiently and greater fuel economy at the same time, though thats not my main focus point.

Particularly, I am in search for specific mods which will allow my engine to run more efficiently and more cool. Currently I am planning to pick up a front mount intercooler and premium spark plugs as well as a CDI ignition system. One of my friends also says that a throttle body spacer makes quite a big difference but it may not fit onto my type of engine due to how it is bolted on, though I do not know enough to explain how. Would anyone have anymore ideas suitable for my purposes?

Mention of a FMIC suggest your car is allready turbo or supercharged.

To get the most from a turbo or centrifugal yes the FMIC is the way to go.

Rootes type superchargers are hard to intercool in an SC400 due to height restrictions.

The ignition system Toyota bestowed on the engine is more than up to the task of running the engine. CDI won't give you any advantage.

Forget throttle spacers.

Why would you want an intercooler if you still not sure which system or configuration you going to get? If you getting for the "Look" then be it but for a functional FMIC, you need to know which system of FI and what configuration. Not all FI system will work on side to side configuration. Do more research and ask more questions so you have a PLAN and execute according to the plan and make minor chances if needed.

NA Motor - Exhaust, ECU, and torque converter are really the only areas you are going to notice beneifits, oh and cams too......BFI intake a few ponies maybe but that is it....

A little mod research on the 1UZ-FE is in order here....

For big gains - Turbo, Supercharger, NOS are the only options...Or maybe a huge engine bore job to 5.0 Liters with forgies, cams, etc...might get you going...That is really your only options....

Ps. Cooling is not a problem on the stock SC4's...The hydro pump and fan will cool the old stock radiator water down to what ever you want it. Even on the hottest of days...Thermostat temp change is needed if you want to lower the normal running temp not an intercooler on an NA motor.....
Good luck...

alright, i'll have to check it out in a bit more detail. I can honestly say I do not know as much as I should which is the main reason why I assumed I could recieve some valuable advise. Many thanks for all the suggestions, I'll continue to look into them.