Replacing ground wires on your lexus after 8 years?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibby

I have been recently told by a lexo expert that the ground wires should be checked or replaced on every lexus if it is 8 years or older because they start to rot away and you lose power. He said, doing this will restore lost horsepower do to the aging ground wires. Well if that is the case my is 1992 sc400 should really need the ground wire replacemed. So I checked out the grounds in my ride and I did notice the ground wires feel crusty and old, do you guys think their is truth to this? Should I change out the grounds?

I often see older cars with crusty ground wires and replacement normally makes a difference to the drive quality of them. Of the second hand 1UZs I have seen many of them have crispy wiring. I would have no problem recommended changing the earths. Cheers

That is my thinking too gloverman. I was told you can definetely lose power with faulty or ancient ground wiring. I am on this one, mine is crusty, crispy, and funky what ever you want to call it. Late-

LOL... i can make one for you. I know Lexus dealer charge an arm and a leg for it. I make one with larger gauge and its a perfect fit.

I need to start looking more often at your store David, I always forget. Well the magic question is what's the damage ($) for those ground wires? This would be for the 1992 sc400. Thanks