Removing headers

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

tsirovy

I am currently attempting to check my head gaskets. When I removed the right side intake camshaft I didnt mark where the lower camshaft was in relation to the gear sprocket. Did I mess it up or do the camshafts automatically adjust themselves. If they dont how do I know where to set the exhaust camshaft in relation to the intake camshaft?

I was unaware that there are dot markers on the backside of the camshaft gear. Hopefully this is what I will use to realign the camshafts together properly.. the funny thing is that on the left side the gears were off by a notch or two. :ponder: Hopefully I reassemble it correctly.

that is what the dots are for. i have always used them i think there is a set of one dots and a set of 2 dots 180"opposite.
really odd that the other side did not line up. i would be very dubious about putting them back in a way they did not come out. did you put a little bolt in to hold the spring in place before you removed it. it just makes it easy to install

I did in fact use a bolt to hold the spring on each side. I marked the joint between the sprockets on the left side.. Then lined them up again once off and the dots did not match up. Guess well see then.

I double checked those cams and it was not off. That was mental error:684:... everything lines up. New topic: I wanted to reuse the timing belt that was on the car already but the indicator marks are worn off. I dont know of anyway to now that it is removed to realign it. Is there a way to do this or not?