Remote start alarm system

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Djdot2k

i just got codealarm's ca645 remote start, keyless entry, lcd display, two-way transmitter, blaa bla blaa. i also had to get the master module and plan on getting the window control module, im willing to install it myself but since iv never played with alarms before, someone please tell me what's first?

http://code-alarm.com/remote_ca645.html

Guys,
A few years a go i fitted an alarm to my soarer.
Because i was so young and couldn't afford the unbelievable price wanted to fully insure it I realised i needed a top off the line alarm !
I hunted around and inspected all the options at the time and settled and ended up getting the guys at Chronulla Car Sound to fit a Patriot Alarm System for $1900Aud.
While this is expensive, this was the first one they had fitted to a Soarer and when the system first came out so it would probably be a little cheaper now.
The system has some of the best features you will ever find and the best feature is that you monitor the system yourself !
You can store up to 6 phone numbers in the alarm and it will start of calling through the list then if still no responce it sends sms's.
It has a built in speaker and mic so you can communicate 100% both ways with people in your car.
All the functions available with the car are activated or altered by simply calling the car on its own phone number and entering your 4 digit code, you then place the code which represents the action you wish to perform.
There is a function to unlock the doors, so you can never lock yourself out !
I have another function set as an additional kill switch which you could set to start the car instead.
Me personally didn't like the idea that all someone had to do was get hold of the code and the could ring the car and start it, wasn't a safety function rather a ego issue.
You can add tilt sensor and a few other things but one of the best additions is a portable P.I.R. that can be mounted in your garage and runs of a 9 volt battery, the unit relays back to the car via infer red.
This means not only is your car secure internally your garage is covered and your informed of any intent. used it for a few years now and its got to have been the best investment towards the car yet.
I wouldn't attempt to install this by yourself.

Stephen

Alarms and imobilizers

Hi Guys,
The New Zealand Government just announced that due to the high number of cars going walk about over here all, import cars less than 15 years old , will be fitted with a imobiliser and microdots sprayed on all car parts upon entry to nz, sounds like a good move , also good if you happen to be an installer, thats because nz imports 130,000 used cars a year from Japan
Regards
Lambo

Alarm

I know that Jaycar (www.jaycar.com.au) has the alarms for only a few hundred aussie dollars. It has an optional remote start and comes standard with a pager. I was thinking of putting this one in my LS400 but i haven't got around to it yet :)

Manzp

Retrodrive, do you still have any info on that deleted post? I'd like to install an alarm on my ls400. Hmmm....I wonder if you installed the alarm before you dropped in the straight six...

remote starter

i ve got 1 fitted to my soarer sc 400.

it is actually an alarm system VIPER( expensive well known american brand)

it has a pager systemshowing what your car is doing like open doors bonnett.you can remote start it turbo timer and other controls on it.on my one i can switch on the headlights from my remote.

my friend can install and supply alarm the whole thing for $850 AUD.maybe a bit extra for other crazy function. call me on 0411468920.

remote star,turbo timer,pager with car status is standard on the alarm and should not cost extra.
iam in melbourne near broadmeadows.

I have installed a remote start system on my 92 sc440, can do it for interested parties and may be persuaded to do tech support, (if asked nicely, lol)
the alarm I use is a Compustar 2wSSAS (info here: http://www.compustar.org/security_with_remote_start.htm ) the unit retails for 450- 500 USD NOT including install, usually about 250-500 depending on added options. why is this alarm so good? 1.25 mile transmitting range for starters, two way paging up to 1.5 miles from vehicle, 5 SPEED CAPABLE!!!! up to 7 aux output channels for anything (steering wheel, stereo, neon, lighting, you name it.. I also have the wiring schematics and wiring locations from directed electronics website, (I'm a registered dealer) and can provide this info for interested parties.. pm for specific vehicles.. mike

92 sc400

WIRING INFORMATION - LEXUS / SC 400 / 1992 / Remote Start

12volts white & white/red + ign. harness
Starter black/white + ign. harness
Ignition black/yellow + ign. harness
Second Ignition black/orange + ign. harness
Accessory pink/blue + ign. harness
Second Accessory Keysense
Power Lock green/yellow - pass. kick panel
Power Unlock green/white - pass. kick panel (set to double pulse)
Parking Lights+ dk. green wht. plug in dr. kick
Parking Lights- green/blue steering column
Door Trigger red/white - wht plug below fusebox
Trunk/Hatch Pin red/white/silver dot - dr. running board
Trunk/Hatch Release black/silver dot + dr. running board
Factory Alarm Arm common with lock
Factory Alarm Disarm green - driver kick panel
Notes: Single (-) pulse disarms without unlocking.
Tachometer a/c black, ignitor, driver's strut tower
Brake Wire green/white + brake peadl switch
Horn Trigger green/red - steering column
IT IS YOUR responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter or computer safe circuit tester.:feedback: