releasing that V8 noise

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

krisby

I don't necessarily want to increase bhp, but I would like to release some more Db, so people know I have a V8 under the bonnet, rather than just thinking it runs on air.

If I just swapped the rear mufflers for some sports mufflers is that going to release a little noise (don't want too noisy, just enough that I can hear the engine), or is all the noise and performance sapping exhaust components ahead of the mufflers?

What car is it? On my LS400 sometimes I take off the rear mufflers. Louder but not loud. This is my suggestion. Remove the mufflers and see what you think. You can always install straight through type mufflers/resonators in place of the final mufflers. If you want it louder you can replace the center mufflers or remove them all together.

oh right sweet as, will get the local exhaust place to do it, will leave the cats on tho I think. I took the cat off my Legnum and its too noisy now, but was too late to put back on and buggered if I'm gonna pay for a new one.

You want exhaust do what I did for about a day, unbolt after the 2nd cat(and y-pipe) I actually had guys at the local bar walk up to me and pull the old "damn man what do you have in that thing?!" haha I guess most people don't know that Lexus made a V8! Too bad I put it back on, one day I might get bored and take it off for the night again haha!

6spdSC4 said:
You want exhaust do what I did for about a day, unbolt after the 2nd cat(and y-pipe) I actually had guys at the local bar walk up to me and pull the old "damn man what do you have in that thing?!" haha I guess most people don't know that Lexus made a V8! Too bad I put it back on, one day I might get bored and take it off for the night again haha!
i'm highly tempted to do this with mine in the Falcon, unbolt the cat and hear it straight from the engine pipes! might get addicted to it though and be tempted to delete the 1 and only muffler though

Yeah I really want to take it back off but I was afraid that it was starting to mess things up so I put it back on...unless someone tells me it won't hurt the car...(?) lol

In my hilux I`ll get a legal exhaust doneut once it is regoed and driving again will be coming off cats and all and a very simpal short system going back on. This rig is lucky if it does 5000kms a year so I don`t care to much about easly changed things being legal all the time, I just change them for rego time each year.