Rear coolant bridge question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jkm3141

I got a quick question on the routing of EGR and coolant on the rear bridge.

In the picture below, are my assumptions about the functions on that rear coolant pipe correct? does the stock EGR pipe run straight to the manifold and something else go to those egr ports. When I got my engine, this was all disconnected, and I don't have access to a picture of the stock engine setup. Thanks for any help.

editfm7.jpg

That hole in the manifold "Final EGR pipe" is not for EGR.

The EGR goes to the lift side of the manifold. And the water comes from the ISC to EGR to rear bridge "small hose"

That hole in the manifold "Final EGR pipe" is not for EGR.

The EGR goes to the lift side of the manifold. And the water comes from the ISC to EGR to rear bridge "small hose"

Alright, that makes sense. Do you by any chance know what goes onto what I labled final EGR location, and or the coolant bridge parts?

Is it open into the water bridge (i.e. water could flow out of it)? I have yet to see a rear bridge that had those ports on it. If not open to water flow, then my next question is what kind of engine is it (i.e. 49state, california, Jap spec, ect....)? If its not open to water flow, then Im guessing that it is not a 49 state smog setup and that the EGR gasses might indeed flow through it as it could be a EGR gas cooler (not all that uncommon).

The hole in the back of the manifold labeled final ERG pipe is where the EGR pipe does normally hook up at (at least on ever 1uz that I have dealt with.) Basically comes off the right side exhaust manifold, goes to the back of the intake, through a port in the intake into the EGR Valve on the left side of the intake, then in to the plenum.

Yes, it was a 49 state. 96 SC400 (so pre VVTI but weak rods, werid intake setup. Basically all vacume lines are different on it than my friends early model SC400 1uz. It very much looks like EGR as it is a clearly defined routing. However, I am not quite sure, so ill make some sheet metal blockoffs for the bridge as well as the manifolds. I already blocked off where the EGR valve was. My last question is concerning the vacume lines for the fuel rail. only on the passenger rail right where the fuel return line is is there any kind of vacume line, and it had a multitude of lines on it going into a werid bracket with a peice of electroncis and a plug on it. From my thinking this is some kinda breather or something, and the other end of the vac line went to the intake. I'll snap a picture in a min. is the vac line from the fuel rail just have to goto the intake and be done. I am deleting most emissions/egr/vac lines that are not needed. passing emissions regulations are not a concern for me at all.

Thanks,
- John

Ah gotcha, I guess I have not seen a later one (non VVTi) yet.....

As for deleting the emissions stuff. You might run into some significant problems being that your car is a 96 and thus OBDII most likely... The OBDII system will more then likely see that stuff is not there and will revert to limp mode... It might not, but be prepaired if it doesnt run right after doing all that your doing....

Attachments

• Y pipe diverge detail.jpg
    Y pipe diverge detail.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 163
Ah gotcha, I guess I have not seen a later one (non VVTi) yet.....

As for deleting the emissions stuff. You might run into some significant problems being that your car is a 96 and thus OBDII most likely... The OBDII system will more then likely see that stuff is not there and will revert to limp mode... It might not, but be prepaired if it doesnt run right after doing all that your doing....

My car is an 85 Mk2 supra, so it shouldn't care as long as the later ECU doesn't care too much. I will deal with that later though