Rear end keeps puking

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
So i am running a 1uz with a w58 gearbox and a 85 celica supra rear end with 3:73 gears. All seems to be good ,but the rear end keeps puking out of the vent and ive been changing the fluid in it regularly due to excessive friction material. I do plan on running a ford 9" eventually, but in the meantime id like to see if anyone has had this issue and found a solution

Not familiar with the term puking. Assume you mean weeping out of the breather. Most diffs have a breather located in the upper part of the axle tube to vent to atmosphere. If your diff has the correct oil type, viscosity and level it won't weep oil and shouldn't puk!... that is assuming the diff installation (your conversion) mounts the diff housing correctly. Another thing that springs to mind is.... you could check to make sure the breather is not puked. A 9" would be an over kill for your power output. Maybe consider a borg warner.

Last edited:
Not familiar with the term puking. Assume you mean weeping out of the breather. Most diffs have a breather located in the upper part of the axle tube to vent to atmosphere. If your diff has the correct oil type, viscosity and level it won't weep oil and shouldn't puk!... that is assuming the diff installation (your conversion) mounts the diff housing correctly. Another thing that springs to mind is.... you could check to make sure the breather is not puked. A 9" would be an over kill for your power output. Maybe consider a borg warner.
What borg warner product do u suggest?

I should just give u a 1 liner reply but.... Make a plan and visit a junk yard wrecker with a tape measure.
A diff with a cast iron centre housing and pressed in axle tubes like a borg warner or salsbury are much easy hosings to shorten than a pressed steel housing used by 9" diffs. I have shorted a few of each type and I find it much easier to jig and set up a housing pressed axle tubes. If you have the tools and ability to mount up an independant rear, then an R200 or R230 (overkill) would be a great choice. You need to consider, diff ratio, I'd be suggesting a number closer to 3:1, diff type, single wheeler or limo, wheel stud pattern (will the axles need to be re-studded to suit your wheels), brake type (drum or disc, fixed or floating caliper), brake line fittings, hand brake setup, suspension hangers, spring & shocker mounts (most likely cut off your old diff, jigged and welded onto the new diff) sway bar and swaybar mounts, pinion drive, donut or uni, size and tailshaft modification, shortening the housing and axles and resplining the axles. Tack weld all the diff brackets first, do a trial fit to make sure you have a good drive shaft angle, plenty of clearance with car sitting down on the suspension, then remove and final weld.... Almost forgot... mounting the breaker. we don't want to puk that up..
Sound like something you can do?

So i am running a 1uz with a w58 gearbox and a 85 celica supra rear end with 3:73 gears. All seems to be good ,but the rear end keeps puking out of the vent and ive been changing the fluid in it regularly due to excessive friction material. I do plan on running a ford 9" eventually, but in the meantime id like to see if anyone has had this issue and found a solution
Hi how did you get on joining them together , i need to do this shortly , i wondered what to use , flywheel , clutch , etc etc Cheers

I should just give u a 1 liner reply but.... Make a plan and visit a junk yard wrecker with a tape measure.
A diff with a cast iron centre housing and pressed in axle tubes like a borg warner or salsbury are much easy hosings to shorten than a pressed steel housing used by 9" diffs. I have shorted a few of each type and I find it much easier to jig and set up a housing pressed axle tubes. If you have the tools and ability to mount up an independant rear, then an R200 or R230 (overkill) would be a great choice. You need to consider, diff ratio, I'd be suggesting a number closer to 3:1, diff type, single wheeler or limo, wheel stud pattern (will the axles need to be re-studded to suit your wheels), brake type (drum or disc, fixed or floating caliper), brake line fittings, hand brake setup, suspension hangers, spring & shocker mounts (most likely cut off your old diff, jigged and welded onto the new diff) sway bar and swaybar mounts, pinion drive, donut or uni, size and tailshaft modification, shortening the housing and axles and resplining the axles. Tack weld all the diff brackets first, do a trial fit to make sure you have a good drive shaft angle, plenty of clearance with car sitting down on the suspension, then remove and final weld.... Almost forgot... mounting the breaker. we don't want to puk that up..
Sound like something you can do?
absolutely! i was thinking of using a expedition rear end so i can have the strength of a ford 8.8" and still have independent travel. i may in the meantime try using a torsen kit. I've seen they are fairly affordable

In order;
Flywheel
Spigot bearing
Clutch complete
Thrust bearing and operating mechanism
Bellhousing
Gearbox/transmission
Tail/prop shaft
And a transmission mount

of course you still need to sort out the Speedometer.

In order;
Flywheel
Spigot bearing
Clutch complete
Thrust bearing and operating mechanism
Bellhousing
Gearbox/transmission
Tail/prop shaft
And a transmission mount

of course you still need to sort out the Speedometer.
Thanks ,but i i meant more specific . as in what cars do the parts come off , using W58 lotus /supra gearbox

The first 5 items are custom or purchased off the Internet.

The driveshaft is a local item.

The transmission comes out of what you can find.

The first 5 items are custom or purchased off the Internet.

The driveshaft is a local item.

The transmission comes out of what you can find.
ok, i see 3uz has a changeble sump , GT4 flywheel , Excel ( supra ) gearbox , so prop is standard .