RA28, 1UZ,Powerglide, 9", S480 turbo project..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

XR8tt

Start a new thread on my RA28 project..
Finally have heads back from being assembled with 2mm O/S 1JGTE stainless steel valves, shimless buckets, Brian Crower 2J valve springs..
celica024.jpg
;
Just under 10 mm lift..Yes heads are CNC machined..
celica025.jpg
;

celica026.jpg
;
Cannot see the expense or parts here...120Lb seat. Should be good for 25Lb boost..
celica027.jpg

;
To catch up from fab thread this is the car it's going into...
Celicapaint002Small.jpg
;
Seems along time ago I was at this stage..
Celica001.jpg
;
1UzCelicamanifolds011.jpg
;

Nearly finished doing inlet manifold..
celica020.jpg
;;
TubbedCelica005-1.jpg

Last edited:
After welding the plenum we milled the runners so they were all the same length..
Then we chamfered up to the weld from runner .. Then we run another thick bead to duplicate a bell-mouth...

The inlet MAY end up facing the rear with water intercooler on passengers side fool well, ice water cell in boot or rear hatch...
With inlet entering through top of fire wall / plenum..

Last edited:
Say goodbye to firewall then? ;)

FMIC, it'll be fine with E85. Unless you bother with a dry ice box, a/w just seems like extra weight and complexity for the drags to me?

just took a peek on this thread for the first time.... wtf you been reading my mind? Sweet job on the manifold. I was thinking the exact same thing. same throttlebody and all.

Yes I doubt this turbo will heat the air like a much smaller turbo/s ..
Ah w2a is about the only time I would consider over a2a cooler in drag racing..Where you only get one chance and full throttle straight off...
It has more consistent temp with out heat sink...
WSID gets very hot in summer..
We'll see..??

If you replace the fluid every run for sure...otherwise heat sink issues are actually worse as there's more thermal mass to hold the heat. I spent years with a/w on my AWD GTFour trying to optimise it...in the end it still took WI as well to get a good result and it wasn't any better than a simple FMIC and would still suffer heal soak issues by the end of a track day.

So yeah, if you can keep the cooling fluid fresh.

WI is another option and for a low hours setup like drag racing, you could spray pre turbo which has compressor efficiency benefits as well as cooling.

Say goodbye to firewall then? ;)

FMIC, it'll be fine with E85. Unless you bother with a dry ice box, a/w just seems like extra weight and complexity for the drags to me?
With w2a cooler up under dash the throttle body is VERY close ..
An oval hole through firewall / window plenum to connect ..
With water / ice tank over back wheels & elect pump, lines to w2a intercooler...
The Pro Fab Cortina, [Joe Gauci] has his w2a intercooler in back seat area..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi0464RZP44
Trying to make it as short as we can with a smaller engine...
Keep in mind this IS a drag car only..With the odd power cruise if things go well...

Last edited:
Alternator fitted and exhaust changed for clearance..
Tensioner made for alt belt...Adapted from cam belt...
Front assembly fabbed for radiator...
Fitting all this under bonnet is not easy..
I like the stealth look..

Kandos2012002.jpg