r154 input shaft into r151

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

htibaja

Hey i put a 1uz with a 151 4x gear box into a 95 toyota pickup offroad race truck. I have it all wired and running but the drive shaft wont spin when in gear.
the adapter plate that got built for me was for a r154 trans but i was told that it would work seamless with an r151. when i put it all together it seemed to fit together perfect and even when i bolted it up to the motor is seemed perfect. When i got it running for some reason the transmission wont spin the output or driveshaft when it is in gear. my thought is that the input shaft on the r151 is too short and is not catching the splines on the clutch plate.

to solve this i was thinking that o could get a input shaft out of a r154 and put it onto the 151 but i am not sure if this is possible. does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
R154 normally have a 190mm input shaft making the adaptor 30mm thicker than the R151f adaptor which nornally have a 160mm input shaft. The simplist option would be to check out what the problem fully and if its the adaptor then buy the correct one. This makes the most sense to me. If the supplier recommend that it would work maybe a call to them would also be a good idea. Cheers