r+r 1uz-fe spark plugs ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

232K7

hello everyone,
i have a couple questions i hoped you all could answer...

long story short, im a hyundai/toyota technician but dont have much experience with lexus's, and my friend has a 99 lexus that he'd like for me to replace the spark plugs on, the engine is a 1UZ-FE. thats the only thing i looked at was the engine code; but i'd like to know if this is a 4.0L V8? and if it is a RWD or a FWD. are the plugs easily accesible once the plastic engine cover is removed? also wondering what to gap them at.

thanks and yeah i know this is a pretty dumb question lol...i probably wouldnt have to ask if i had looked at it for longer than 30 seconds...:dunno:

again, thanks for any input

You're right that the 1UZFE is the 4.0L V8. It's a Toyota V8 engine from 91-2000. The 99 1UZFE should have the VVTI heads. I don't have the VVTI engine, but I strongly believe the sparkplugs are easily accessible once the plastic cover is off. If someone on this forum has the OEM repair manual, I'm sure he could find out the gap for sparkplugs. To me, I didn't bother to find out the gaps. I just ordered the plugs for that specific make and model, because most of them are pre-gapped.