1UZ Spark Plugs

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Ghostrider

Hi All,

Just joined this morning and I need some information.

Just completed an 1UZ conversion into an MX83 Cressida and require the plugs to be replaced.

What is the best, or most recommended.

Cheers, D

Forget the Bosche platinum +4's. They're not a bad plub NA but have tons of problems if you go boosted. I've never had a problem with any NGK plugs, from cheapo coppers to expensive iridiums.

Take it easy on the center electrode of iridium plugs though, it can break easy if you gap them the normal way by putting the tool in and pounding on the ground strap. The center electrode is harder than the gap tool, digs into it, then breaks of when you try to pull out the tool.

www.sparkplugs.com seems to be a good fast place to get ngk plugs, wires, denso o2 sensors, ect.

Attachments

• CIMG6171-1.JPG
    CIMG6171-1.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 16
  • CIMG6174-1.JPG
    CIMG6174-1.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 11
  • CIMG6175-1.JPG
    CIMG6175-1.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 10
Forget the Bosche platinum +4's. They're not a bad plub NA but have tons of problems if you go boosted....
The Bosch platinum +4 plugs aren't for any forced induction. They're way too hot and will cause pre-ignition or cause the plugs to melt for sure 100%. Any type of Platinum plugs won't work on any forced induction. The only hot type that can be used is the NGK Iridium. The funny thing is the cheapest plugs will work on a forced induction system because they're cold plugs.

The Bosch platinum +4 are the best that I've found on N/A engines from the Lexus SC, Toyotas, and Hondas. I've used Splitfire platinum, NGK platinum, regular plugs, +2 electrode plugs...etc. I've spent several hundred $$ experimenting the plugs already. For a bullet engine like the Lexus LS or SC, it's hard to tell the difference between the plugs performance if you really don't pay attention to them. But on older engines such as other Toyotas and Hondas, these Bosch +4 will smoothen the engines at idle and give quicker throttle response noticeably.