Queensland floods vid..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
No need to watch that. One of the guys that I know via the forums lost his best mate and his mates wife(hubby and wife) while they were trying to save their kids. The kids were saved but parents lost. I have no words to say as I do not know what to say but this guy that gave his life to try and save his family is one of the true heroes of this disaster

Wow, what a disaster; I've been in transit to North Africa the last couple of days and am just learning about this.

We apparently have over 100 Lextremers in QL; Madmont, 400ZED, Fugly, PWD, qca: how are you all doing?

Our thoughts & prayers go out to all of you affected by this.

I know 400ZED lived or lives in Gympie which has gone under. He's in apretty high area so should be OK.

Pretty amazing to think 12 months ago Brisbane's water supply was at 12% capacity now all the dams are overflowing.

This is a country of "drought and flooding rains" to quote Dorothy McKellar.

Sad to say the death toll will rise a long way past what it is now.

My prayers go out to those who have been lost and their loved ones.

My first thoughts upon beginning the video were WHY are those cars parked so close to the flood waters? Seems like a LARGE amount of insurance loss could have been avoided by simply moving the vehicles to higher ground.

Obviousy trying to save a vehicle such as the one person did is extremely ill advised.

Samsdad that was just so sad.. A 4 year old they couldn't hold against the water...
Will be in there parents minds FOREVER !!!

Over 90 missing... I don't hold much for there survival..

The car park is normally way above the river which is most the time a stream...
I assume the guy in the 4WD was locking the front hubs to drive out in 4WD...

Yeah, he risked his life for a $5,000.00 Nissan Patrol!

People do strange things.

I agree (particularly as an ex-insurer) that simply moving a lot of vehicles to higher ground would have saved a lot of money.

Of course the water arrived without any warning so the cars were probably the last thing on people's minds.

Wow, what a disaster; I've been in transit to North Africa the last couple of days and am just learning about this.

We apparently have over 100 Lextremers in QL; Madmont, 400ZED, Fugly, PWD, qca: how are you all doing?

Our thoughts & prayers go out to all of you affected by this.

I was ok although there was a bit of panic (by my wife mainly) when the radio reports suggested evacuating the low lying areas of the suburb where we live.
Where I work I look out at a creek which comes up quite quickly when there is a sudden downpour or a lot of rain over a period. See picture of creek taken Jan 11.
The creek usually has a trickle but flows quite fast with a bit of rain. We had 200mm of rain one night and the creek was half full next morning.
Often when there is rain there is a report on the radio saying
'Mott street Strathpine is closed due to flooding"
Mott street is a stormwater drain which you can take as a short cut under the railway line see photo taken after the storm which wiped out The Gap a couple of years ago.
My daughter was evacuated out of her unit at Ipswich but she was not flooded.
A cousin lives at Emerald quite close to the river . Her modern low set home went under for the second time in 2 years. Another cousin had to leave her home before Xmas has not been able to get back since according to her last email.

Attachments

• lex1.jpg
    lex1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 0
  • mott.jpg
    mott.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 0