Project Thread Project SC400TT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
OK Gang, here are a few more pics...They do not do the car justice, but they give you an idea...
Custom Gauge Pod and EDFC Pod
Pod_3_comp.jpg
Custom Glove Box Pod
Pod_4_comp.jpg
Revised trunk
Revised_Trunk_2_comp.jpg
Moving right along...;) :dance2: :driving:
Ryan

The car has definitely come along well...
  • Still awaiting the critical fuel injector mod, once in, I can install the piggy-back, tune and dyno
  • The tranny is being built right now for the swap
  • The engine block is being completed for the forged piston fitment
  • expect the built second engine to be complete within a few weeks. Looking forward to the swap.
  • Paint will probably happen in mid December, if not in January...
Still keeping it going...
Ryan

Hey guys: I just competed in my first Lexus meet, and won 2nd place...Had a lot of fun...Here are a couple of pics of the ride so far, and the babes...

Ryan

Updated pics of the engine bay from the show:
Updated_SC400tt_Enginr_Bay_2.jpg
Updated_SC400TT_Engine_Bay.jpg
Updated_SC400TT_Engine_Bay_3.jpg
Ryan:thumbup: :D

The twin turbos GT35 inside the engine bay look good indeed. However, if I only have 1 choice, I'd prefer the twin turbos D35 standing right in front of the engine bay instead. :684:

That's QUAD D35's, Steve...:Eyecrazy: :hypnotized:

Ryan
Yes, they sure are and they share the same characteristics of the GT35s. If you run them hard, you may burn them and the oil will leak. :tongue2: Given that fact, they'll need proper cooling down period between each run. The only difference is they might disappear without your consent, while your GT35s will still be there.

Attachments

• 8-rib-1.jpg
    8-rib-1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 9
Hot stuff Ryan, and the car ain't bad either!

Which one of these "ladies" went with 2nd place? :boggled:

Well gang, an update for ya...

1) I have finalized the payment to BoostLogic, and they are shipping out the tranny to me...I will have it next week sometime.

2) I have seen the completed heads for my built motor, along with the balanced crank, honed block, etc...looks fantastic!! One more delay...After much debate, I decided to add the Lexus oil squirters from the 2UZ into the 1UZ oil galley...Thanks to the research done by Bob, I decided this was a great added failsafe, and not an expensive mod to add since the engine is apart right now anyway...Engine should be ready for me to pick up from the shop within 2 weeks. I will assemble it along with a buddy of mine. Getting ready for the swap smile.gif thumbsup.gif

3) I fixed the two coolant leaks...cut and added a longer silicon tube for the upper water pipe, and that fixed that problem...I took off the old cap on the small overflow feeder tube, and recapped it...Leaks now sealed...

4) I found out that my second aftermarket alternator was dying, and finally went kaput totally...along with my Optima red top...only 4 volts...each one was feeding the other problem until the car would not run. I got rid of the red top, and bought a yellow top...much better battery for my application. I also drove to Melbourne FL, and got a genuine Lexus Alternator from the dealer...Don't want to mess with the aftermarket ones anymore.

5) I am in the process of completing the installation of the new alternator right now...What a pain in the Arse to replace, especially with the turbo plumbing...Thank goodness we made the pipes modular, or this would be an unbelieveable nightmare to replace...As it is, I had to give my back a break for a moment, and decide to post up my progress...Want to go to the local meet tomorrow...So, I worked late, came home, ate dinner, and jumped on it about 9 or so this evening...I have going strong for over 3 hours now...I had to remove the heat shields, the y pipe, and the water pipe to get the alternator out...Sure hope this one lasts a great long while...Anyway, jumping back on it now...

Ryan biggrin.gif

Attachments

• smile.gif
    smile.gif
    1 KB · Views: 0
Alternator is installed....Took me until 4:45 am to complete...Ran into some snags...sad.gif But alll is well now...biggrin.gif I gotta tell you all...I don't want to have to repeat that again...What a serious pain.

No sleep today...biggrin.gif

Ryan

Attachments

• sad.gif
    sad.gif
    946 bytes · Views: 0
What can i say, TOP job you have done ( or the guys that did most of the work) if i can get my IS to look/sound 1/2 as good as your car i will be well happy.............very nice lexus you have there :)