Project Thread Project SC400TT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Well done Ryan; very impressive results @ only 10 psi.

Q: are those HRE wheels? I have the same pattern on my Supra and really like them. I think the 'vette's were the first to have that pattern, and I think they're great looking wheels.

Solid result. Will keep your tranny alive ;)
Thanks Justen. Still gotta bump it up a bit...

Well done Ryan; very impressive results @ only 10 psi.
Thanks John. I am looking forward to getting back from vacation so I can dyno it at higer boost to see what I get...

Q: are those HRE wheels? I have the same pattern on my Supra and really like them. I think the 'vette's were the first to have that pattern, and I think they're great looking wheels.
Thanks for the kudos. They are not HRE. They are 360 Forged. I too, Love my wheels.

Nice numbers! do you know what your air intake temp was?
No I don't. But I will try to pay attention at the next dyno and lt you know.

That's a nice initial number. :) When can I see the final number?
Thanks Steve...Maybe by the end of June Steve.

ryan

Ok, I want to finally post up an update...The regulator on the alternator went bad so when I replaced the used and dead Kinetic battery with a brand new one, I noticed the battery light on so I checkd the voltage while the car was shut off and while it was running...While the car was off, I saw 13.2 volts...Perfect. While it was running, it read 18.5 volts. Yikes! So, I immediately shut iff the car and disconnected the main fuse to the battery so no connection was to the alternator and the new battery would not be drained.

I tell you, the new stereo is stunning, but I knew that changng out the stock 97 tails to the ClearCorners 97 Tails would be a bear...And it was. In order to get to the tails, I had to remove and disconnect the rear 12" subs, as well as loosen and unbolt the Sub boxes. Plus in order to get the sub boxes moved enough to provide me enough clearance, I had to unbolt the amps and move them out of the way as well...It took me 10 hours to get that completed. But it is done and the Clearcorners are installed!! I will have pics soon and post up.

Ryan

Ryan how's the engine coolant temp doing in your Florida summer?

Remind us again which radiator & which fans you're running?

John, In the limited time I have driven it, it has been great. I will know more once the alternator is replaced, and the final tune completed.

I am running the Koyo all aluminum radiator built for the Supra, a custom aluminum shroud and the SPAL low profile high velocity fans.''

Ryan

Hey guys, had a chance to visit Ryan in Orlando and see his beast in person. Honestly the pictures do not do it justice. This is one beautifully executed car. Most importantly it is RUNNING and DRIVING! Definitely fast as well but it was not running up to snuff due to a mis-wired AF signal. Ryan reports that corrected and really woke it up... loosing traction at gear changes quite easily.

Anyway, job WELL done :D

Thanks John! I haven't had time to post up on the forums lately...Yep, it was a great time to finally get together! I look forward to hooking up again. Thanks for the kudos on the project. It has come a loooong way since the inception of my concept, and I am glad you were able to participate in it.

Thanks,

Ryan

Update!

So, a lot of time has passed since I went to Anguilla, :). What a beautiful vacation resort. I recommend it all looking for a nice spot in the Caribbean to to vacation.

First, let me post up the YouTube video of the Gauge start up, which also allows you to hear the smoothness and ease of start up now, as well as the beautiful idle Darin tuned in.

http://youtu.be/NvAoUWwtuoE

As you can see, the car runs quite nicely now. You will notice a slight whine, especially when I increase the throttle. This is due to needing a better ground for the stereo system. That will be addressed soon.

More on my next post.

Ryan

Looks nice mate. Idling super rich though? cold start?

Thanks Justen.

It needed to be a little rich at cold start. It leans out as it warms up. Also, since the Innovate AFR was not wired to the ECU correctly, the ECU kept reading a lean condition as it was getting a reading at all and the ECU kept trying to richen up the mix. The wiring has since been corrected and the ECU is now compensating correctly. I still think it is a bit rich, so working on another tune with Darin soon.

Ryan