Project Thread Project SC400TT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
OK Gang. Another weekend spent mostly working on the project....:beer: I completed the soundproofingwith the butyl matting, and I took the Lexus rear soundproof mat, and added the neoprene matting to it to further dampen the potential hum I may get from the Walbros. I am glad I did this, but it is very tedious, as I said before, and virtually backbreaking work at times....I spent several hours on this over several weekends, but I believe it will be well worth the effort, I also only added approximately 30 lbs to the car by doing it.
I also worked on the installation of my two computers....I first connected them to the new wiring harness so I could look at the best layout. Fitment was perfect from Phoenix Tning. Both the Autronic SM4 and PCS will not fit in the stock floor position. I will have to mount the PCS nearby, probably on the front tranny tunnel., under the carpet.
I still have to install the rest of the push pins in the headliner. Battery goes in this week, and I plan to reinstall the speakers and disconnected stereo gear as well.
We kind of live out in the country, so I have not only posted pics of the progress of the car, but also of some deer that were no more than 10 feet from my back door. I have actually seen a 65 lb Florida Panther in my back yard once, as well as Eagles, hawks, and owls regularly. Pretty cool.
Soundproofing:
SP4.jpg
SP5.jpg
SP3.jpg
SP6.jpg
Ryoku
Picture011-2.jpg
More to come....
Ryan

I know I posted up pics of the dash before, but it was just laying in the car at the incorrect angle. These pics show the dash actually installed properly and bolted down. I really like the angle of the gauges from the driver's position.
Dash Installed:
Dash1.jpg
Dash6.jpg
Dash7.jpg
Dash8.jpg
Ryoku's favorite past time:
Picture025.jpg
More....
Ryan

Here is the headliner. I need to brush it, but I absolutely love the perf black suede!!
HL1.jpg
HL.jpg
Here is a pic of the Lexus rear sound proofing mat with the added eDead Neoprene matting added to it:
Rearmat.jpg
Pioneer AVIC Z2 installed in the custom plate made from the original Lexus stock radio face plate. This is installed in the tan center console, but will be permanently installed in the black interior when I place it in my car:
AVICZ2Plate.jpg
AvicZ2Plate2.jpg
More....
Ryan

Looks great Ryan - I really like the black perf suede also. I had my black Supra's seat inserts done in it before I sold it to my son, and they looked and felt great.

Like you, I thought it would be a good material for a headliner, with some sound absorbing foam underneath it, so the blue Supra's headliner is at the upholstery shop now for the same treatment. For that car I decided to go with black leather bolsters and perf black leather inserts only after being nagged mercilessly by the wife that the all leather interior would look and wear better than the leather/suede. I'm not convinced, but it gave her some satisfaction knowing she had "added" value to the project.

Dude that's one sweet cat, mini-leopard.

Thanks, that is in essence what he is....A Bengal. They are a relatively new Hybrid Cat that is crossed between an American Tabby, and an Asian Leopard. Extremely intelligent, and very personable.

Looks great Ryan - I really like the black perf suede also. I had my black Supra's seat inserts done in it before I sold it to my son, and they looked and felt great.

Like you, I thought it would be a good material for a headliner, with some sound absorbing foam underneath it, so the blue Supra's headliner is at the upholstery shop now for the same treatment. For that car I decided to go with black leather bolsters and perf black leather inserts only after being nagged mercilessly by the wife that the all leather interior would look and wear better than the leather/suede. I'm not convinced, but it gave her some satisfaction knowing she had "added" value to the project.

Thanks John, I really do love the Black perf suede as well. I actually agree with your wife in this case....I do not prefer suede on the seats, only on the upper trim pieces. In either case, sometimes it is good to go with the wife's suggestions....Helps to keep peace in the home :wiggle:
Ryan

Quick update:
Happy Fourth of July everybody!!!!!
The Sound proofing is finally complete. I have measured out and installed the neoprene matting on top of the butyl matting. The neoprene matting is as light as a feather. The combination with the Lexus sound proofing should make for a solid and quiet ride. I should not hear the Walbros now. The stereo should sound even better, and long trips should be even more comfortable. Lots of work, but worth it. Here are a few pics:
Firewall 1:
Neo1.jpg
Firewall 2:
Neo2.jpg
Driver's side:
Neo3.jpg
Passenger side:
Neo4.jpg
Ryan

Hey guys, I found another present from one of the previous companies that worked on my car....As I stated in the past, every time I go behind them, I find wiring or something else that is just unacceptable and not to the standard of quality I paid for. Although this wiring is not a fire hazard, it is just a quick "hack job", IMO, done to get it finished and out of the way. Even the electrical tape used was the poor quality stuff that oozes all the black glue within a short time from the interior heat in the car and makes your fingers black and dirty just touching it. In all fairness, they did solder the wires together, and they did wrap them, so, I am not accusing them of doing something wrong, just not doing what I aksed and paid for. My Dad said a long time ago that "If you want something done right, you frequently have to do it yourself". Very true words.
I would have wired up the gauges to the switch that dims my interior lights so that I can adjust the brightness of the lights to match with the rest of the interior dash lighting. The other two Autometer gauge bulbs were wired into the power and and ground of the AEM UEGO harness. Down and dirty, quick and easy. Oh well, I am redoing it the better way, and using the high end 3M electrical tape that holds up to heat much better.
I have attached a pic of the wiring:
XBGift.jpg
Ryan

Attachments

• Best Dyno Pull.jpg
    Best Dyno Pull.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 11
Well I know it has been a while since I have given much of an update....
I have been in Peru for 3 weeks on vacation and business.
I have been super busy with work.
I have been under the weather from eating salad in Peru and getting an intestinal infection, to then developing a rather sever case of Bronchitis.
I have just started to really feeling well again, and so I got to work on the car a little tonight. My good friend Dan Osypian, a former Lexus Tech, came over to assist me with installing some of the interior and the installation of the rear speakers back into the car. I love his work and his attention to detail....Hard to find today.
Anyway, we installed the rear MB Quart Tweets (we had to cut holes in the rear deck and install the Tweets as a flush mount, and then install the rear deck, the rear upper and lower quarter panels. We would have installed the rear seats, but I need to take the rear lower bench and have one minor repair done to the leather. It just needs a little stretc and it should be good to go.
Dan is coming over on Saturday, and we will be working all day to get the engine bay buttoned up so that the car is ready to start up.
We also plan to complete the DEFI gauge install this week.
Here are a couple of pics. The car is beginning to look like an actual car again....:wink:
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
Beginning to rev up the work on this beast so we can get to the finish line by the end of this month.
Ryan

Suede is where it is! Looks classy. You got me curious about the butyl matting. Can i get this from home depot/lowes or a stereo shop? I used about 75lb of dynamat extreme and it did a lot but getting sound deadening w/o the weight is a big plus. Would not mind adding a few layers to my back seat/trunk. I finished my system a year or so and used two 12'' JL dub 6's and MB's front/rear. Now I get to listen to the undoubtably louder 255lph over my old 190lph. Too much sound deadening never hurt lol

Suede is where it is! Looks classy. You got me curious about the butyl matting. Can i get this from home depot/lowes or a stereo shop? I used about 75lb of dynamat extreme and it did a lot but getting sound deadening w/o the weight is a big plus. Would not mind adding a few layers to my back seat/trunk. I finished my system a year or so and used two 12'' JL dub 6's and MB's front/rear. Now I get to listen to the undoubtably louder 255lph over my old 190lph. Too much sound deadening never hurt lol

Thanks. The suede really richens it up. You can get the sound proofing from eDead online. Great prices and quality.

Ryan

Is it just me or do the earlier pics of your windows look like acrylic replacements? It could possibly just be the flash from the camera but they look like lexan or something... shines different than glass.

Is it just me or do the earlier pics of your windows look like acrylic replacements? It could possibly just be the flash from the camera but they look like lexan or something... shines different than glass.

ALl windows, front, rear, sides are stock OEM Lexus/Toyota glass. In fact, the front and rear glass are brand new OEM.Ryan

Great progress was made on the Lexus this weekend. Dan came by, great help. Anyway, all the connections and sensors for the DEFI and Innovate gauges were run, connected, and brought through the firewall and brought into the cabin. The rear seats are installed. The exhaust is hooked back up. the T-Bolt clamps for all the plumbing has been hooked up, except for a few where the silicon tubing was extra thick. Either have to modify them or get slightly newer ones. The radiator and fan was pulled back out because the wiring was bad after being checked, so the complete harness is being remade. They will be made so that they can be re-routed away from the exhausts and the extreme heat from them. Much more to go, but really planning to work on this car enough to complete the project by the end of the month. Making progress....Ryan