preventative maintenance at high mileage

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

brit_lex

Dudes,

I've decided to keep my car for another 5 years at least, so it's going in to the mechanic on Monday morning to have a bit of an overhaul. :lol: :D

I'm changing the front lower control arms, front lower ball joints, front anti-roll bar bushes, strut bar cushions, both engine mounts, transmission mount, rear anti-roll bar bushes, rear upper control arms, both idler pulleys, timing belt, timing belt tensioner. Regular maintenance has always been done the suspension will be pretty much as new once this is done, it's the engine which I was wondering about. The steering rack, waterpump, power steering pump, EGR pipe have all been done within the last 30,000 miles. Spark plugs changed last year.

Anyways, can anyone recommend anything else it might be worth doing as preventative maintenance at 171,000 miles? I was thinking of asking the mechanic to clean out the throttle body since that usually gets very full of carbon deposits.

Thanks,

Lex

I drive my car hard which is why I want it to be in A1 condition all the time!

maintenance

Hi. I own a 91 V6 4 runner which has 294000k's and haven't replaced a water pump, head gasket or anything else yet except the timing belt which is almost due again. Motor still going strong & hardly uses any oil. I also enjoy driving it hard from time to time. I put it down to doing maintenance on a regular basis. Oil & filter every 5000k's. Can't see the point of putting clean oil into the motor with dirty oil filter. Radiator is flushed out every 12 months refilled with distilled water & have always used Toyota rust inhibitor. Throttle body I clean regularly, if it's very black. Just buy some carby cleaner to keep t/b clean as. Hope this helps. Lintrac.