Powder Coating

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I plan to get a complete powder coating kit along with a descent size oven soon. Anyone have parts want me to PC, please let me know.

I am picking up an used oven from a local seller and I can put in my carport. I just hired a electrician to make a 220V 30 amps outlet so I can have high power tools. Here is the Pros and Cons.

Aerosol
* Highly toxic solvents such as Toluene, MEK, etc.
* Release of CFC's into the atmosphere
* Cancer causing chemicals/isocyanides
* Potential for runs, drips, sags
* Overspray problems
* Lengthy 12-48 hour cure time
* Limited colors/textures
* Relatively low service temperature
* Poor UV/salt spray protection
* Solvent clean up

Powder Coating
* No harmful toxins or chemicals
* EPA approved process
* No CFC's
* Elimination of runs, drips, sags, errors
* Overspray is simply swept up and disposed of
* Very quick 10-30 minute cure time
* Over 250 colors / texture selection
* 300° F + service temperature
* 1500+ hour salt spray / corrosion protection
* Consumer preferred finish

I am scheduled to pick up a Double Electric Oven for $75 this weekend. That should be big enough for any large engine parts. Here are some pictures of my engine parts that were powder coated locally. They look mighty clean.

You can still have runs in the powdercoat. If you put too much on, it can run or get bumps just like anything else. It is much easier to clean up if you do get too much on (just hit it with the air nozel and start over).

Also, in the top pic it looks like they were having some trouble getting the powder to go down into all the nooks & crannies of the intake manifold. You will run into this your self as the metal creates a field when you electrically charge it where two pieces meet. You can get around it by 1, pre heating the piece or "out gassing it" and powder coating while the metal is still warm (about 125 is the temp I prefer), 2 turning off the powdercoat machine and just letting gravity feed some powder into the nooks of the parts.

for more info, check out www.columbiacoatings.com they have tons of powder & cermaic coatings as well